I just won $1,000,000.00

Sea Ranger

Toyota has sent me an e-mail saying that I have just won $1,000,000.00. I kinda doubt it but hey it sounded good.
Here is the E-mail:

YOU HAVE WON THE TOYOTA MOTORS COMPANY LOTTO
PROMOTION/PRIZE AWARD
DEPT TOYOTA AVENUE
65 EXCHANGE ROAD,ORTIGAS BUILDING
TOKYO, JAPAN.
We are pleased to inform you of the announcement made today, You are among the winners of the TOYOTA CAR INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION PROGRAM Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from 2,500,000 email addresses of individuals and companies from all part of the world as part of our electronic business Promotions Program
As a result of your visiting various websites we are running the e-business
promotions for.
You/Your Company email address, attached to ticket number 343-221-8756, with serial number 454-17 drew the lucky numbers 3, 8, 13, 22, 27, 41 and Bonus number 12 , Your INSURANCE Number: FLS433/ 453L /GMSA and consequently you won in the Second Category of the TOYOTA FORTUNE LOTTO DRAW.
This internet Lottery Promotion was done for the Promotion of CHINA TOYOTA MOTORS.It was a ramdom promo on email addresses selected worldwide for internet users. Your email address, attached to ticket number 343-221-8756, with serial number 454-17 drew the lucky numbers 3, 8, 13, 22, 27, 41 and Bonus number 12 ,Your INSURANCE Number: FLS433/ 453L /GMSA consequently you won in the Second Category of the Lotto Promo.
You have therefore been approved for the payment of the sum of One Million United states Dollars cash ,which is the winning price /amount for the Second category winners. This is from the total prize money of US$12,650,000.00 shared among the international winners in the Second category.
NOTE: ALL WINNERS ARE ADVISED TO KEEP THEIR WINNING INFORMATION STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL FOR SECURITY REASONS.WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DOUBLE CLAIMS OR LOST OF INFORMATION.
CONGRATULATIONS !!!
Yours faithfully,
Mark Brown.
(Secretary)

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!
fish.gif

Why would anyone still believe these dumb emails? The Nigerian one and versions of it are still going around!!! Don't people know that a phone call or an in person announcement is how major winnings are disclosed? They are only fishing for a confirmation of a valid email address so they can add you to a list they can sell. Responding confirms your email is valid.

quote:Originally posted by profisher

Why would anyone still believe these dumb emails? The Nigerian one and versions of it are still going around!!! Don't people know that a phone call or an in person announcement is how major winnings are disclosed? They are only fishing for a confirmation of a valid email address so they can add you to a list they can sell. Responding confirms your email is valid.
You mean I didn't win:(

fish.gif

I know a few people who will click away and not realize they might get a virus from something they are trying to open. We should start a computer help thread. I try to tell people if you are trying to open something sent to you and you don't know what it is, you should scan it first and if someone you don't know sends you an attachment to open and it has an .exe extention it is an executable program and it is more then just a picture, in fact it could be a virus.

fish.gif

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

I'll have my Nigerian Banker review that one for me. [^]

Nice one.

I got a good laugh outta that. :D

-----------
Probably best to be far away from me when I have sharp or pointy things in my hands.

Gee, seems like a trustworthy guy. Send him your banking info and visa card so they can transact with you.:D:D

Searun

th_067.jpg

Back