How to inspect boat in States!

SerengetiGuide

Hey guys,

Looking at used 2004 Grady with 90hrs on er in SC, what would be the best way to go about inspecting her? Are there like nationwide inspection companies or should I just use some that I find on google? Thanks a lot,

David

get a surveyorin the area and have him check it out, a 2004 i wouldnt expect to have much problems. Tell the surveyor to concentrate on what ever areas you feel might need a closer look.

SG, I just purchased a boat from back east. I found a surveyor on SAMS website Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors. I also would recommend that they be ABYC certified aswell. In NJ the cost ran 18 to 20.00 a foot. Hope this helps.

Yeah, that helps a lot...thanks. Same thing the person who currently owns the boat told me to do...so definitely be doing that if we decide to go with the Grady Journey 258. PS - Think it's a good fishing boat?

It should be a great boat. My brother runs a 23 Grady out of Westport handles the water well, we did salmon and tuna last season without a problem. Plenty of fishing room.

Back