Help finding rubber flooring for boat

searun

Been looking around for a nice flooring option without breaking the bank. Hoping to find rubber product that won't slip around, is easy to install and also remove as necessary to clean the floor from time to time. Curious if anyone has found a BC supplier.

Looked at this stuff, but the shipping cost from Alberta is more than the material - https://perfectsurfaces.ca/product/durarubber-marine-mats/

These guys are in Vancouver, but didn't see anything that stood out = https://www.rymarrubber.ca/rubber-flooring

Considered the EVA foam option, but seems pretty expensive and won't stand up to fishing

Thanks, hoping someone out there has had some luck finding a great product...appreciate your advice. Tx

Horse stall mats. Biggest size I found was 5x8’. I got 5/8” and it was heavy! Too heavy I found. Could be decent if you tracked down 3/8”.

Horse stall mats. Biggest size I found was 5x8’. I got 5/8” and it was heavy! Too heavy I found. Could be decent if you tracked down 3/8”.
Thought about that as an option, do they move around at all? My deck area is 8 feet wide by little over 6 feet long. A couple of those mats that are 4x6 might do the trick. I liked the Dura Rubber product as it had great drainage lines built in, and looked decent...just the cost of shipping from Airdrie AB was more than the product. Looking for a product I can install that covers the entire deck area with no gaps. Can't have any tripping hazards.

Thought about that as an option, do they move around at all? My deck area is 8 feet wide by little over 6 feet long. A couple of those mats that are 4x6 might do the trick. I liked the Dura Rubber product as it had great drainage lines built in, and looked decent...just the cost of shipping from Airdrie AB was more than the product. Looking for a product I can install that covers the entire deck area with no gaps. Can't have any tripping hazards.
No they didn’t budge. If they’re moving, I’m inverted and got bigger problems. They were heavy though. I bet a 5x8 sheet weighed 150-200lbs. A thinner one would be best. The seam wouldn’t be ideal.

I just grabbed some off Facebook market place
4’x6’ can’t beat the price.

Great tips and help. Thanks all who also sent PM's. I now have a few leads on solutions.

Attachments

• BE491657-5E32-46DF-B529-EF26FA5E6366.jpeg
    BE491657-5E32-46DF-B529-EF26FA5E6366.jpeg
    318.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I put down seadeck been like 6 years now its just starting to show a bit of wear but not bad
you can get similar stuff of amazon i put it down on the new part that covers the hole where inboard used to be works great and best part is it cushioned makes back feel way better.

Interesting, I wondered how that stuff stands up on a Charter vessel - sure looks decent.
Have had it on for 6 years now (chartering)it is starting to show a bit of wear but not bad and I wouldn't even want to venture how many people as that would make my head hurt

Picked up this rubber material. Will give it a try. Not quite as swank as the Sea Deck. Price was right even if I only manage one season on this stuff.

Attachments

• 4E58327C-6C29-4620-9D98-C12AEA56EA57.jpeg
    4E58327C-6C29-4620-9D98-C12AEA56EA57.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 6AEA97C0-8B28-4556-A5BE-AC4FF8A05E05.jpeg
    6AEA97C0-8B28-4556-A5BE-AC4FF8A05E05.jpeg
    395 KB · Views: 78
Been looking around for a nice flooring option without breaking the bank. Hoping to find rubber product that won't slip around, is easy to install and also remove as necessary to clean the floor from time to time. Curious if anyone has found a BC supplier.

Looked at this stuff, but the shipping cost from Alberta is more than the material - https://perfectsurfaces.ca/product/durarubber-marine-mats/

These guys are in Vancouver, but didn't see anything that stood out = https://www.rymarrubber.ca/rubber-flooring

Considered the EVA foam option, but seems pretty expensive and won't stand up to fishing

Thanks, hoping someone out there has had some luck finding a great product...appreciate your advice. Tx
I just picked up 2 of the 1/2 mats from Perfect Surfaces, yes shipping was a bit much but the product looks great.
Thanks for the link SeaRun.

I just picked up 2 of the 1/2 mats from Perfect Surfaces, yes shipping was a bit much but the product looks great.
Thanks for the link SeaRun.
Try Beltara in Nanaimo, they have used and new conveyor belts. Also industrial plastics sells a vent rubber mat

Is it a roll? What size & thickness?
Missed your note...flat sheets. Think they are 6 mm, little lighter than I had hoped but price was right. Gets me thru this season and I will keep looking for a better longer term solution. Or save more $$ for the really Gucci solution.

I got this to put in the bottom of lockers to keep the contents out of any water that got in - comfort mat that's about 0.6" thick - and quite cushioned. I lucked into a 50% off sale, so a 3'x3' mat was ~$12. It also mentions interlocking edges for larger areas. I was thinking of using it in the cockpit area as well.

View attachment 73906
used these before, they are comfortable. only draw back is they are a bit of work to keep the fish blood from getting caught up in those holes.

I got this to put in the bottom of lockers to keep the contents out of any water that got in - comfort mat that's about 0.6" thick - and quite cushioned. I lucked into a 50% off sale, so a 3'x3' mat was ~$12. It also mentions interlocking edges for larger areas. I was thinking of using it in the cockpit area as well.

View attachment 73906
i put some of this on the front deck of my old bass boat and it was terrible stuff to walk on with bare feet, if you ever fish like that. Also seemed to eat small tackle if it gets dropped between the holes.

I picked up some 3/8" rubber mats from Midland Liquidators on Kingsway. They were only $10 ( i think $15 now ) but easy to pull out and clean and take a beating from prawn traps, etc. easy to flip over the gunnel when bringing in traps as well.

Back