HARPER wrong salmon .....

Looking at the speeches made during second reading so did the Conservatives, NDP and Green Party. Just saying.

IMO another example of how out of touch the Harper govt. is with fishing related issues on the west coast. The $15 million while helpful is nothing more than just trying to buy votes for watering down the Fisheries Act, Navigable Waters Act, Endangered Species Act the environmental assessment process, allowing the expansion of the net pen salmon feedlots (despite recommendations against it in the Cohen Commission Report) and dick all to protect and promote salmon. All they have done is to help clear the way for tar sands pipelines and oil tankers on the west coast.

Ha ha, no surprise.
they all make big promises prior to an election.
sadly the promises usually fall short.

Well not in this case, the legislation was passed and supported by all Federal parties. Other than the 15 million has there been any other funding promises?

LOL That is funny.
Fitting that it was an Atlantic. That is all he has ever seen. He thinks salmon come from a farm!
Cause that is all he has ever supported.

maybe you'd like to drive to edmonton to fill yer boat up, huh! you want to run around and fish wherever you like you need some infrastucture to make our world as we know it go around. no pipelines means it just gets here by rail and snakes down the thompson and fraser rivers, now aint that nice!!!!!

where else can you buy a year round residence salt water license for what we pay here, nothing is perfect but they do try somewhat,lol. not sure who i'm voting for yet but it sure is easy to blame whoever 's in power.

cheers nicnat

The pipelines are not for us they are for raw bitumen shipped to China. We only get to deal with the consequences of the inevitable environmental disasters after the accidents. We should at least refine it first then we wouldn't be paying $1.30 a litre at $38 dollar a Barrel oil because some refinery somewhere is getting a refit.

"The pipelines are not for us they are for raw bitumen shipped to China."

Exactly. The bitumen needs to refined here to protect Alberta jobs. I am sick and tired of China. Lets make our gas here. Employ people here and bring or manufacturing jobs back to Canada. That is what I personally am looking for from these candidates. The problem is China flies under radar and you would be floored how many companies they have acquired on tar sands so they can push this through. The issue has always been resources with that country. Stupid isn't it we buy things from China and in the end thats really why they need the energy. When I was there there were brown outs etc. in some cities because of lack of energy..They still have coal to generate electricity etc..

Things will never change. It's just one bafoon over another. It's better just to go fishing enjoy life and turn the tv off as they are all the same at the same trough all in bed with china. And just think if they collapse your house will be really cheap.

Things will never change. It's just one bafoon over another. It's better just to go fishing enjoy life and turn the tv off as they are all the same at the same trough all in bed with china. And just think if they collapse your house will be really cheap.

This is really cynical, and exactly how I feel. :(

Harpo is a 100% petro PM ,
also i,ve heard they are trying to steal the 15 million from the unspent mitagation fund.
rumour has it , so they can give to natives .....none of the 15 mil will be for what they want you to think.
and back to petro... i agree with other poster , we need it...i,m not against pipelines , i,m against whats in it.
build a refinery up north and make jet fuel or? and send that in pipeline and sell to china. keep jobs here.

1) In general, I can understand the apathy re. politicians - but the truth of the matter IMHO is simply this - if we want change then vote for it, and/or actively use our democratic rights and freedoms to bring about the change we want to see. NO big positive change in history has ever come without determined, focussed, organized people working hard to bring it about. Sitting back and complaining never results in anything but the status quo or worse.

2) Specifically, another Harper govt. will just bring more of the same old, same old - that is for sure. Past experience has proven that Harper is no friend of the natural environment or recreational fishing.

Back