Halibut anchor rope

I picked up a book with a lot of Hali way points in it but its going to take a little while before I can figure out which ones will produce hali's. Out off Constance I managed to find a spot thats not deep at all and we've managed to pick up 3 from that spot this year. Nothing really big but still nice ones....
IMG_0654.jpg
[/img]

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!
fish.gif

Ranger: not sure how much I've left on the roll. I'll measure it and let you know in the next day or so.

Terry

"Some could care less if there's any fish left for our kids!"

one item no one touched on regarding poly vs nylon is stowing it. You need to coil poly or it will be a friggin birdsnest next time round. Nylon doesn't need to be coiled so you can chuck it in your anchor locker if it is big enough. If you have 600 feet out and lost the draw to pull in the anchor line you'll appreciate nylon!

beemer

Ranger: Sorry man, the chunk I have left is only 230/ft. If there was 1700/ft on the roll, like the guy said there was, I could'a had ya a nice 500-footer or so.

Good luck!

Terry

No problem Terry, thanks for checking for me. I think I'll put it on the back burner for a bit. I just read that the Colombians are coming in .... time to go trolling anyways...... Steve.

fish.gif

I finally found some 3/8 braided nylon rope and managed to buy 400 feet of it for less then $80.00 so I'm going Hali fishin this weekend. And nothing could be better seeing as how it has been almost 2 months since last time out.

fish.gif

Well I went down tp pick up the rope for anchoring and the guy at the store told me that he gave me the wrong price yesterday when I stopped in to see him and that the rope was suppose to cost almost $300.00 but since he quoted me $80.00 he said he would honour the price he told me.I don't want to take advantage of anyone but they should honour their price quotes. Hats off to them!!!

fish.gif

Right on Ranger!

Now, all you have to do is tell us all where this place is so we can all head down there for our new "$80.00-rope" deal!

Them boys at Telus left 250' of braided nylon that they use for pulling in their underground cables on my jobsite one day. Been dragging my pick with it ever since.
Love them freebies!

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

Just bought a new length from the good boys at PNT. Support folks that support us.

Found a frigging awesome plug in the spool too!!

Thanks dude!!!

Gimee the gaff!!!

Back