gruesome discovery for some fishermen

Sushihunter

http://www.cknw.com/Channels/Reg/NewsLocal/Story.aspx?ID=1248984
SUNSHINE COAST/CKNW AM 980
Lara Fominoff Email news tips to Lara
7/5/2010

A gruesome discovery for some fishermen near Gibsons over the weekend.

Local RCMP say they were on a vessel in the waters near Gospel Rock when one person pulled in a beige T-shirt on their line.

As the shirt was being hauled in, several bones fell out of it.

One of the bones was caught and taken to police.

Initial examiniation indicates the bone is human.

Police say they'll try and recover any other remains from the same area.

The investgation is continuing.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

My parents live on the bluff looking out over the Gap which is just northeast of Gospel rock. A small plane went down a year or two ago just to the southwest of them, toward Gospel and sank to the bottom. I can't remember if anyone was missing from that accident. Also I think a few years ago a car went off the road over the edge and into the water at Gospel. Don't know if anyone died or missing in that accident but possible I guess.

Can you imagine!!!!! I always think of stuff like that especially when you get near tide lines and see all the weird stuff in them seen ,floats,dead birds,seals,porposes, trash etc just hope not a body but you never know....
There was a body last year apperentlly thats was spotted off of trap if you guys remember from one of the marinas they never did find.....

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Ok got some more info - that plane I refered to that crashed 1-2 years ago was recovered and the guy survived ( he swam into Georgia Beach, below my parents house)...it was another plane that went down several years ago, at night, maybe 7+ years ago ...The RCMP came to my parents place that night and the other houses on the bluff because there were reports of a plane and some seeing a light going down near Gospel Rk. My parents didn't see anything but then next day they called the RCMP because they spotted a huge oil/fuel slick below them, extending from Gospel RK. A mini sub was called in to go down to search off Gospel but a plane was never found. My parents were certain the big oil/fuel slick must have been from the plane and always figured it would eventually be found near Gospel. The plane that went missing had two people a young boy 12-15 years old and a fellow who was the pilot. The Pilot was flying to Sechelt with his fiance's son from Vancouver airport I think ( the Pilot was to marry the boys mom in Sechelt) The son had just flown in to Vancouver from Europe and his mom was arriving later. The boy was tragically killed in the accident and the Pilot assumed dead. The Boy was found dead attached to a log boom all the way up north ( Northern Vancouver Island I think) .The Pilot was never found.
The bones found this weekend could possibly be that Pilot.

Another quick story that Wolf's comments reminded me of....this was quite disturbing. I was fishing at the light at the Cap river mouth almost under Lions Gate Bridge - Something big came down off Lions gate Bridge - It looked like a big bag or something wrapped in a tarp...I didn't see it well at all as just out of the corner of my eye as I was trolling west from the Bridge. Dave Korsch radios me and asks me if I saw that "thing" fall off the bridge ( I was the closest boat to the bridge) I said I couldn't tell what it was and couldn't see anything in the water but did notice with my binoculars that a contruction worker on the bridge was looking down. Dave suggested maybe it was a person but I saw no indication of that but moved over toward the bridge anyway to look around but couldn't see anything in the water. I figured it must have sunk.
Almost at that moment the hovercraft showed up and within minutes pulled a man from the water a couple hundred yards from me and inside the bridge- CPR all the way to the 14th street dock but tragically the fellow did not survive. A jumper.

the ocean tor sank a couple of years ago of the west coast dragging and about three weeks later one of the other boats from the same company dragged up in there nets 2 or 3 of the crew members that were also there friends

Back