GoPro video of bottom fish @ Thrasher Rock

Awesome vid, thanks

THANKS
Cant wait to use mine out at Bamfield and isnt it a bit of a worry hanging 400 bucks off the side of the boat on a wire LOL
Again, great job and thanks for sharing it !!!
I assumed your GP is attached to the cannon ball !

I saw some BIG lings. Next time put a power grub down without a hook might get some followers and even strikes. Must have made you cringe a little seeing all the bouncing it looked like the $400 ball almost snagged once or twice.

Must have made you cringe a little seeing all the bouncing it looked like the $400 ball almost snagged once or twice.
That's what I was thinking..... Awesome video but it makes a chunk of lead worth buying scuba gear....

Awesome videos Jeff. I liked the sound the cam picked up as it clanged on the rocks. Cool stuff.

And GoPro's are no longer $400. Well, if you are putting a new Hero3 down there maybe...but I've seen original Heros for as little as $60 on craigslist....I'm just waiting for more of these original cameras to come up used so I can put 4 or 5 on my boat.

Great Vids!!

Awesome videos Jeff. I liked the sound the cam picked up as it clanged on the rocks. Cool stuff.

And GoPro's are no longer $400. Well, if you are putting a new Hero3 down there maybe...but I've seen original Heros for as little as $60 on craigslist....I'm just waiting for more of these original cameras to come up used so I can put 4 or 5 on my boat.

Great Vids!!

buy the old version and then buy a good DIVE housing for it.

And GoPro's are no longer $400. Well, if you are putting a new Hero3 down there maybe...but I've seen original Heros for as little as $60 on craigslist....Great Vids!!

Really... ! Ya and you get what you pay for ... go with the new 3's far better picture quality

Really... ! Ya and you get what you pay for ... go with the new 3's far better picture quality

bah I'll take 4 heros over one hero 3 any day. lol the hero's still film in HD video, like Hook said, a dive housing makes a world of difference...but until Nat Geo calls, I'll keep my underwater cams on the cheap side.

and as far as a prawn trap its possible....I've heard of the cams working down to 190 feet, but MFG claims 160' is max

Im looking forward to the Hali attacks I might be able to capture ......... sure , I still believe in Santa Clause you know LOL
Only time will tell :)

Both videos were in about 30-40 feet of water. I think one looks clearer than the other because it's so close to the bottom. I bought this one (Hero 3 Silver) at West Marine which turns out to be the best deal anywhere. Sticker said $319 but paid $299 at the till. Everywhere else is $359. I think if you're not risking the loss or damage of your GoPro, you aren't using it the way they want you to. My other use for it is on my goalie helmet. Talk about a target for the other team!

That said, I don't think I'd do this again at Thrasher unless I was anchored. Seeing what the terrain looks like down there will have me thinking twice next time.

capital iron is blowing out Scotty cammera mounts at their downtown location. 50% off just in the marine and fishing dept.

Back