Going to Keats Island for the weekend

C

chromechaser

Staying with friends over on Keats Island for the long weekend and was hoping to do some fishing fairly close to home. We will be using a 15 foot Boston Whaler so travel around Bowen or up the coast a bit is no big deal. Earlier in the summer they were catching fish with some regularity on the Southeast side of Keats but not much happening the last two weeks. Any suggestions?

The gap between gibsons and keats is always a safe bet and if you want to travel a bit further northwest the area in front of camp byng usually produces. I can't remember the correct name for the gap but it is pretty obvious where it is. Mention the gap to any local they'll point it out to you. Good luck up there.

The gap between gibsons and keats is always a safe bet and if you want to travel a bit further northwest the area in front of camp byng usually produces. I can't remember the correct name for the gap but it is pretty obvious where it is. Mention the gap to any local they'll point it out to you. Good luck up there.

Thanks Westcoast - We did fish off of Camp Byng a couple of years back with no results, but we didn't have down riggers or a depth sounder on the boat then. He has since got the boat set up much better for fishing so hopefully...I'll post results when I get back.

Thanks Westcoast - We did fish off of Camp Byng a couple of years back with no results, but we didn't have down riggers or a depth sounder on the boat then. He has since got the boat set up much better for fishing so hopefully...I'll post results when I get back.

Back