Glasply & Olympic Boats

Highliner

Hey guys,

I really like the look of glasply and olympic runabouts. I know a few guys on this site run glasplys. Does anybody have and good or bad to say about these boats. There seem to be tons for sale south of the boarder. Most of the glasplys are from the 70's. Both boats look very similar in shape and design. Both were made in Washington state.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Hello I own one and do like it alot it goes very well and in rough water 2 to 3 ft no problem at all dont even slow down cruises at 30 knts either way my only down fall is they are narrow wish they were a foot wider but you gain from one aspect you have to lose on another but a great ride thats for sure Danthe wire was on it maybe he can tell you how it compares!!! Dan!!! here is a pic of it running
2006fishingseason004.jpg

Wolf

17 ft Olympic here,,, very happy with the ride . I do agree they are narrow . Its an older one 1974 but I bought it from the original owner . Solid basic runabout . Perfect for sooke but I stay in close .

What size are you lookin for ?

Im sure I could get you out for a ride if you like .

Yes,I would recomend Wolf's boat!!! it has a real smooth ride,and with the power you have on her,she gets up and goes.It cuts nicely when you have to turn at speed and cuts through the chop comfortably.The balance of the boat with the pod and engine on the back is suprisingly very,very good.It's a great fishing platform,the only thing I noticed was that when Wolf and I were on the same side it leaned a bit,but the two of us together are the size of three normal people LOL.A friend of mine who passed away had one for many years and was happy with it,my brother in law also owns one and seems to like it.Having just bought a new Double Eagle,and comparing the two,for what you can buy a older Glasply for, I wouldn't hesitate to buy and refit the Glasply.Good luck,DAN

Thanks for all of the comments boys. The 19 foot glasply runabouts look like good trailerable boats for fishing Sooke as Tubbed Out mentioned.

TO thanks for the offer. I'm not seriously looking yet, but if I do I will let you know.

Wolf, I must say that you've done a sweet job on refitting your boat. I saw the before pictures.

Highliner

I've owned two Glasplys. One like Wolfs and now my 28.
Very solid and good quality hardware.
Check out glasply.net if you have any questions about them, this is where you will find the answers

Back