Getting a boat from Washington to BC...?

burnsy22

Well I am not sure since this will be my first boat, but is there a company/service that would check out a boat for you in Washington state and deliver it across the border to BC for a fee? Or maybe even deliver it to the border or somewhere close to it? The reason I am asking is because I have my eye on a boat south of Seattle, however I live on Vancouver Island and with work and everything else I just don't have the time to take a ferry and drive 3 hours only to see a boat that may not be in as good as shape as I thought it was. I just can't afford to go down there if the boat isn't what I think it is.

I am basically looking for a company/service to do the leg work for me.

Is there such a thing?

Thanks

quote:Originally posted by burnsy22

Well I am not sure since this will be my first boat, but is there a company/service that would check out a boat for you in Washington state and deliver it across the border to BC for a fee? Or maybe even deliver it to the border or somewhere close to it? The reason I am asking is because I have my eye on a boat south of Seattle, however I live on Vancouver Island and with work and everything else I just don't have the time to take a ferry and drive 3 hours only to see a boat that may not be in as good as shape as I thought it was. I just can't afford to go down there if the boat isn't what I think it is.

I am basically looking for a company/service to do the leg work for me.

Is there such a thing?

Thanks
Depending on how far from me, and where it is I might be able to help you out?

Good for you Charlie...nice thing to do for someone you don't know.

Burnsy, pretty sure you can trust Charlie to know what he's doing if you two can make it work.

You can go online and search out a professional boat surveyor. I have purchased 2 boats in the US, sight unseen other than photos. Surveyor will be able to test for water in transom, jell coat issues, structural problems with stringers etc. It may cost you $500, but worth every cent. I know a guy who just went down, looked over the boat himself and when he got it here and went to put a pod on it the whole transom was rotten.

Searun

th_067.jpg

Thanks for all the help and info..I ended finding an Arima 17' Sea Ranger on Vancouver Island and I took the plunge....Thanks again

Yep, I used Uship to get a quote last time and it worked great...no issues and cheap.

Searun

th_067.jpg

A few ripoff artists on U ship. try and get a personal recommendation from someone before you use them.

beemer

Back