Gas Comox Valley

Fish Assassin

Crew Member
Gas prices just jumped 21 cents a litre to 1.47...... Ouch

Just filled at costco for 1.26

Must be a long weekend ahead of us.......

Went to Port Alberni today

Gassed up at Chevron........1.329

Shell.....1.479

Co-op........1.479

Esso...which is right across the street from Co-Op on Johnston........1.329

you betcha.. it is island wide.. thank goodness for my new 9.9 with 3 star ultra low emissions.. trolled for 10 hours on sunday.. think I burned about 8 bucks worth :p

I realize it's not in the governments best interest to do anything about these flagrant price fluctuations without justification. But when price gouging is this obvious should there not be safeguards in place for consumers? Who to hell is responsible for watchdoging this gas and oil industry as they continue to manipulate prices at there whimsy? I know we are used to modest fluctuations in prices at the pumps but 20 cents a litre is criminal in my opinion.:mad: eman

reminds me of "Jesus Saves" bumper stickers....with gas @ $1.40 I doubt that will be the case this Easter!

Yup good old price gouging right before a holiday, happens every year on almost all long weekends or holidays. I love when they interview some gas price consultant or whoever and they make up some bs about supply and demand hahaha what a crock. Just once id like to hear "we raise the price because we want to gouge everyone who decides to drive on the holiday". Nobody in government will ever do anything about it because they just rake in more money. That's the bc libs for ya!

I was just checking bigwavedave.ca doesn't look like much of a window for fishing this weekend, high gas prices or not :(

best to at least use purple for your marine fuel and save a few pennies

Back