G. M Gatley Bamboo Rod

Silverdoctor

I know this is either a Boat or perhaps closer to a Mooching rod. Still trying to do some research but I know G. M Gatley made many rods (or commissioned). The guides are all Agate throughout, but some of the guide wraps have been redone with thread. Curious if anyone knew anything about it or its value if restored lightly. It's just an interesting-looking rod.

eJo0852.jpgkGUdExk.jpgMR4Y0Dq.jpgNva01NF.jpgpeBDe0S.jpgc1Z9TEv.jpgIMG_3536.JPGIMG_3533.JPG

Attachments

• c1Z9TEv.jpg
    c1Z9TEv.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 9
How long is it ? Looks to be a Milward Rod that was either sold through or rebuilt by Gatley ? If it is under 9 feet, It could be a Tyee Pool Rod ? is there a diamond shaped decal that says "Tyee Club Approved " ?

CR Greg

How long is it ? Looks to be a Milward Rod that was either sold through or rebuilt by Gatley ? If it is under 9 feet, It could be a Tyee Pool Rod ? is there a diamond shaped decal that says "Tyee Club Approved " ?

CR Greg
Hi Greg, thanks for the answer, The rod is 9 foot 5 inches, I can't find a Tyee club logo, although the MilWards logo is ok the logo below it is scratched off. The Male ferrules have a pin in the middle if this helps. There is also 1502 written in ink on the rod. Curious what the logo looks like,

Last edited:
Back