Fuel docks limited to $50 on VI?

kaelc

What’s the word at the fuel dock? I called a regular gas station co-op for marked gas in Saanich and they said $50 Mac, hardly worth pulling 30 feet of trailer in for. I want to throw in about 60-70 gallons, might have to find out what the price is at Roche Harbour. Wish I still drank I’d do some rum running at the same time!

I filled up at the Chevron fuel barge in Coal Harbour yesterday and they confirmed no limit has been communicated to them. 200L at $1.69/L for us. Added can of Seafoam and it’s all good for me doing a few trips up the Sound. Will see what happens after December.
Most private docks at marinas want to sell their fuel at this time of the year and before the holiday season so I would also give them a call.

Friend was at the fuel dock in Indian arm (seycove marina) and was told they are limiting to 30L unless your using your boat for essential travel.

Yep, was at Costco downtown YVR last night. No boneless chicken thighs , no drumsticks, 2 - 3 packs of whole chickens, and a lot of boneless chicken breasts and trays of kibbles and bits. There was almost no fish ( a few trays of farmed steelhead)

Of course toilet paper and paper towels were in demand but no limit on them .

Costco didn't look as much like an "End of Days" movie set as when the pandemic first started but there were still some signs of overbuying.

A lot of the shortages would be supply chain issues I expect . Interestingly enough, canned food products didn't show signs of mass depletions.
The only thing I couldn't buy on our list was Downy Fabric Softener (keep your lines and lures Downy Soft and Downy Fresh) No known delivery date.

Safeway had a two meat item limit on the weekend.

my buddy lives in yarrow pretty close to a chicken farm. I think they have a lot of chickens and can’t move them out fast enough because of transport issues so I’m gonna get him to grab me 4-5.

he also said something about a talapia farm out there that had to kill about 30,000 fish just in case the flooding pushed them into the vedder. They never flooded but their business is toast for a while

i should have filled up the tanks just in case (not that i would take the boat out but its nice to have 2-3 car tanks worth of gas sitting around in emergencies) but didnt count on the BC govt being stupid and announcing the shortage before it actually took place. at least i have 1.5 months worth of food sitting around so thats been handled.

Back