Freak Storms/Weather,effects on returning fish

SpringFever552

fished Greensea today, then went up to Phillips Arm,

and after what I saw up there from the storms of last week looked a little disturbing...and has me thinking about the huge returns of pinks I saw up there in Phillips Arm and in the Phillips River/Lake itself this past summer and what it has done to the spawners, not only in Phillips,but all the North Vancouver Island rivers that were hit hard...

what I saw today,out into Nodales Channel,just past Jackson Pt saw the first fish then left @ Johns Pt and you could smell it,and then up into Phillips Arm were Pink Salmon dead or dieing on the surface of the ocean,man you could tell there was massive amounts of rain up that way with the water color/logs and trees in the ocean, and to have them washed/wiped back out to the chuck doesn't look good for the ones that did spawn,and for there eggs/redds..

Twice last year this also happened here in Courtenay,with the Puntledge being blown/flooded out after a great/huge return of Chum salmon and also Pinks...

it will be interesting to see what #s do survive and come back after those/these storms...

I know this has been happening from the beginning of time(freak storms) but wow,its amazing anything could survive after that...
here's hoping that those little buggers dug down deep to lay them eggs...

....I'll be keeping my fingers crossed...

Back