fishing lanford lake

OSJ

Hey guys, just recently picked up a 10foot inflatable boat with a electric motor for lake fishing with my son(9).
I grew up fishing for bass and walley in Ontario and quebec.
we have fly rods and spinning rods. had a few questions for you that fish the lake lots?
what time is best on the lake for bass or trout?
I know the bass will be around the lilly pads or structures, but where am I going to find the trout? I have the tackle I think I need, from trout spoons, spinners, fly's, fopr the bass I have lots of runner bait, and picked up two of the floating frog baits last weekend.

any advice would be great, I really just want the boy to catch some nice fish.
thanks
Jay

Langford fishes well with leach patterns with a sinking line for fly rods or a gang troll and dew worm for the gear rod. Find the aerator and troll in that area. Let your sinking line out to the backing and troll around 1mph. Best in spring and fall or in the summer months, early morn or late evening.

hi, langford has some very good fishing, most of my success has been around the aerator, but at the very south end it can be very hot in the early morning, or latter on closer to dark. There are some big fish in langford aswell. I would recommend a light green leech around 2 inches long fished deep on a type 6 sinking line. Prospect lake has been better than langford as of late, but you will still be able to have success at langford. tight lines

Kunni

Last edited by a moderator:
Wacky worm for bass! I had a day with my dad we release 3 over 5 pounds :)

Trout is standard draggin leeches or baitfish patterns.

Brown buggers work too ;)

-KK

Fished today with my day. Got 3 trout and missed 7. Down deep super slow. green bunny leeches.

-KK

anything of size? I was considering going to a lake tomorrow, just trying to find a good one. Prospect has been good for small trout so I might stick with that

Kunni

was in mexico the last week on holidays, going out tomorrow. what lake was hotter for action the last week? Langford or prospect?

langford!!! size 14 pumpkinheads tied with red heads.

kunni

Back