fishing guide wanted

N

new generation

Go to craigslist victoria and click on skilled trades.Looking for a saltwater fishing guide.

quote:Originally posted by new generation

Go to craigslist victoria and click on skilled trades.Looking for a saltwater fishing guide.

They're advertising $18-$20 per hour for an experienced guide with credentials. Seems a tad low, I was making that in guide wages 15 + years ago - or have things not changed much?

Maybe a local Victoria offer would get a lower wage.

quote:Go to craigslist victoria and click on skilled trades.Looking for a saltwater fishing guide.
I was going to post this too but you beat me to the punch! The position is also on Used Victoria.
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/5141973&category=hospitality

quote:They're advertising $18-$20 per hour for an experienced guide with credentials. Seems a tad low, I was making that in guide wages 15 + years ago - or have things not changed much?
Our policy is to pay one hour more than the duration of the trip for some setup and prep work. Two five hour trips a day and getting paid for 12 hours,I don't remember getting that up north:D The tips can be good too.

[quote
Our policy is to pay one hour more than the duration of the trip for some setup and prep work. Two five hour trips a day and getting paid for 12 hours,I don't remember getting that up north:D The tips can be good too.
[/quote]
That would make a big difference, now it's equating out upwards of $240 per day. We also paid for our own equipment, lots of factors. It's a great job.

Back