Fishing Cowichan Bay /Pender area

fish brain

Crew Member
I am planning a fathers day fishing trip out of CowBay with my boys on Sunday. Where is the pest place from there to focus my energy? Up Samsun Narrows , Pender Bluffs, Coal Island? I haven't really spent much time fishing this area and would like to give it a shot.
Any advice or tips would be appreciated.
Thanks,
FB

I'd be inclined to check out Samsun Narrows, as Sidney/Coal/Pender has been slow recently. There's also a couple of Derby's this weekend - I'd guess Samsun is likely to be least crowded.

I'd be inclined to check out Samsun Narrows, as Sidney/Coal/Pender has been slow recently. There's also a couple of Derby's this weekend - I'd guess Samsun is likely to be least crowded.
Would you take the run all the way up to pollier Pass?

Would you take the run all the way up to pollier Pass?

I'd just loop around Bold Bluff, it's close and it's produces occasionally. Keep in mind I haven't heard recent reports about Bold Bluff, I just know it's not been hot elsewhere, so hoping to send you to do my homework (and honestly, it's a good spot!) :-D

The local (Moby's Pub) derby finishes Sunday afternoon, so boat traffic will ease up if you decide to explore.

FYI - Was fishing outside of Porlier Pass Sunday for 11 tide with a dozen other boats. 3 Shakers and nothing else. Heard a bit of radio chatter regarding a *huge* fish that was released.. they wouldn't confirm if the release was intentional or not ;-)

Thanks for the update. I tried Bold Bluffs and the other side as well during the same time. Not a touch. Nice day on the water with the boys tho

I'm surprised u didn't even hook a ling in the narrows. I live in Cow bay and if I'm fishing for salmon I will always make the trip out to pender bluffs, morsby, or coal. On the way home we will drift in the narrows to get a ling. I find the narrows only provides short windows of opportunity with tides and currents. During the winter it can be great for feeders.

Jjiggy

Back