First time fly fishing

Thanks BGM i know the get started fly fishing book is already helping me with my fishing, i realize the author is based out of Oregon but i hope i can learn some of the fundamentals of casting and presentation from it..I am already finding fly fishing extremely enjoyable.. cant wait to catch something..

Just like to thank the members of this forum for helping me get a leg up so to speak, Karma-kazi thanks a bunch i will have take you up on that offer one day!

Big thanks to Fireweed! the fly fishing Bible " The Gilly" arrived today and i am quite enjoying it.. going to get something in the mail for you this week bud.. thanks again for the awesome book!:cool:

funny you say that cause the other day i wasn't having any luck fly fishing (its not easy) and i switched and hooked up the bober and worm combo and caught 3 trout in 20 mins.:cool:

Caught a little cutty this morning at the lake..pretty stoked with this whole flyfishing thing, he was about 8 inches..had the drag backed right off and he screamed the line out..caught him right in the corner of the mouth.. with the royal coachman... C&R right from my mesh net, goodtimes, cant wait to catch a bigger one...

Well I received an unexpected and very gracious thank you from Jeffy in the mail today. Thanks dude! And good luck out there!

No problem bud, thanks again for the secret weapon..Was nice to have someone decent enough to point me in the right direction! This forum rules for that ~! I welcome everyone's help and tips to better my fishing!

No problem bud, thanks again for the secret weapon..Was nice to have someone decent enough to point me in the right direction! This forum rules for that ~! I welcome everyone's help and tips to better my fishing!

If you are into fly fishing, check out BCFishing Reports.com or its sister site FlyfishBC, they will steer you in the right direction,

I am a newbie of the first rank.. after catching a trout the other day with the flyrod..i am completely HOOKED.. I just finished "the Gilly and now i am starting Fly fish the trout lakes by Jack Shaw..I also joined the flyfishbc website, same handle Jeffywestcoast thanks for all your tips aswel Big Green Machine.. i am using the leader/tippet all in one as i seem to have trouble tying tippet to leader and making it stick. hopefully in time i can master that.

Back