Feds fund UBC study that could save Metro Vancouver salmon

Good to see that some action is being taken. But the info is not just a sudden " eureka !" For over 20 years the info on pre spawning mortality was known to biologists in Washington State and small steps were taken to reduce the problem of toxic road runoff . https://kingcountyhazwastewa.gov/en...-death-in-local-urban-streams-linked-to-tires .
However both countries have run up against a road block.....money and political will. Who is going to be the first agency to take on the massive international tire industry ????

Ya so true there.. eh... I remember seeing un spawned cohoes on Brothers creek 40 years ago when we were working on it...

Ya so true there.. eh... I remember seeing un spawned cohoes on Brothers creek 40 years ago when we were working on it...
Yes... on other creeks too. We had suspicions that other small creeks like Scott Creek etc had a problem, but it was had to nail down the actual cause because the possible contaminants had been washed away by the time dead fish were reported. Several times I collected water samples after a kill but nothing show up in the samples.

Back