Evinrude repair in Port Alberni

I have an ETEC G2 that is not trimming or lifting. Who handles Evinrude repair in Port Alberni. I am not sure if PY Marine is still there.

No more PY but they are serviced in Parksville. Vancouver Island Marine at 1251 Taylor Rd behind spunkys motorcycles.

Can you go on line and see where the relays are for the E Tec?

I do not know if the G 2 has any fuses on the tilt trim. My bet is corrosion on the relays.

I have had relay issues in the past and my relay box was on the port side mid engine. It is a black snap off cover which exposes the tilt / trim relays. If you can get one out, you can take it to most automotive shops to cross reference something for you. It is not the first rodeo I have had with tilt / trim relays. When you put them back in, you could try and put some non conductive electrical sealing paste (looks opaque yellow) to give some corrosion resistance on the contacts.

Drewski

Thanks for your replies. Took it to Vancouver Island Marine. They seem like a good operation. It ended up being at the tilt motor going bad. now I have a place to go go to for maintenance.

There's Mike's Mobile Marine @ 250-913-0298. He is in Port Alberni. He was managing the Evinrude shop in Port before it shut down. He worked on my boat in Schooner Cove. Recommended

Back