etec 90 hp

C

catcher

Just wondering if any of you guys run an etec 90 on a 17.5 double eagle? I bought one in the spring and am satisfied but not able to get full rpms,only about 4800, tried changing props with little success. Ive been told it should blow away a yammie 4strk 90 but am falling a little short. I have talked to the dealer and he says thats just how it is, and i should have gone for more hp

thanks for the help

Call on "Scotty boy" , believe he runs an etec 90
and from what i remember was very happy with the performance.
You should be pulling at least 5500 rpm at wot.

I'm sure it's your prop, not only will a smaller prop rip your face off when you pin it but you will get up to that 5500rpm range that your motor needs to be at from time to time.

thanks for the replies guys!
Throttle cables are something i should look into,not sure what to look for I guess the dearler will have to check that. To answer your question C.S. no not Parker (a buddy had a bad experiance) but another well know dealer here on the islnad. As for the prop I origanaly had a 13.25 x 17 thats the one that does 4800rpm and 42mph, was recommended to go smaller to increase revs with a 13.5 x 15, that one hits 5000rpm but way slower at 33mph. speeds are off the gps. I have a buddy with the exact same boat, year, fueltank size and hp but a yammie 90hp 4stroke and he hits over 46mph on the gps? So you can see why i'm a bit frustrated.

thanks for all the help.

Back