Esperanza Report

H

hbb

Fished out of Tahsis last week and did well for springs and halibut. One fish 31, one 29, and the rest between 17 and 24 lbs. Released some nice wild silvers and a couple of humpies. Tried plugs, spoons, anchovies, hoochies with skirts, and flies. Ferrer Pt and Pin Rocks were the top producers, fishing green glow hood anchovies on 48" leaders behind green and silver flashers trolling 3.1 to 3.4 mph (sog). Green and white tube flies fished 14 inches behind a flasher were the second best producer of kings.

Halibut were found between 200 and 250 straight west of Ferrer Pt and off of pin rock. Largest halibut was only 38, but tasted just fine that night.

Best of luck if anyone is headed out that way.

I was there over the w/e. Ditto Ferrer w nice afternoon bite. 4 Springs to 32 and some hali up N above Catala in 270' Our largest was 30, saw an 80 on Sunday eve (Rowdy w Lures & Tours I think)

Hbb, did U really mean 14" leader?

I was there over the w/e. Ditto Ferrer w nice afternoon bite. 4 Springs to 32 and some hali up N above Catala in 270' Our largest was 30, saw an 80 on Sunday eve (Rowdy w Lures & Tours I think)

Hbb, did U really mean 14" leader?

I thought that may get some attention. Yes, 14 inches. The flies go crazy behind the smaller hot spot flashers (8" I think?) and it must drive the fish crazy. A friend gave me the tip, so I gave it a shot and it produced. Give it a shot!

I thought that may get some attention. Yes, 14 inches. The flies go crazy behind the smaller hot spot flashers (8" I think?) and it must drive the fish crazy. A friend gave me the tip, so I gave it a shot and it produced. Give it a shot!

That opening shouldn't have any effect on the fishery to the outside though... Unless I am reading it wrong they can only set about as far out as Critter Cove so they are basically cleaning up all the dark fish? Correct me if I am wrong.

That opening shouldn't have any effect on the fishery to the outside though... Unless I am reading it wrong they can only set about as far out as Critter Cove so they are basically cleaning up all the dark fish? Correct me if I am wrong.

Back