Eaglecraft 31 Walkaround

Last year I spent more time squid jigging for salmon, anchored for hali, and drifting for Lings, and prawning than I did downrigging. If I was also a tuna jigger, this seems like a good fit for that stuff.
It's not a walk around with a weird cabin, it's a center console with huge steering station with room for more than two, plus a bonus vberth.

Figured I answer some speculations.

We are a custom boat builder, and we worked with the customer that has owned several of our boats to meet his exact use case and mission. About last on the list was fishing. Sounded like a cool project and he was willing to work around our schedule

The boat was actually built several years ago as a center console. It was cold and not used year round. The customer loves the pilotage style window commercial designs of our patrol vessels series, and we started from there to remove the console and add a cabin.

Requirements

- Must cruise at 35 mph comfortable, with almost 55 mph WOT
- Be a commuter to beat the ferry schedule in all conditions
- Have cuddy that you sleep in if needed with portie potti, accessed from bow
- 2 full suspension seats
- Seating for 4-5 in cabin, additional seating for 4 on exterior benches
- Can fish and crab if necessary

This what we came up with those requirements and design parameters

Of over the 800 boats we built to date this is one of best riding boats under 31'.

Figured I answer some speculations.

We are a custom boat builder, and we worked with the customer that has owned several of our boats to meet his exact use case and mission. About last on the list was fishing. Sounded like a cool project and he was willing to work around our schedule

The boat was actually built several years ago as a center console. It was cold and not used year round. The customer loves the pilotage style window commercial designs of our patrol vessels series, and we started from there to remove the console and add a cabin.

Requirements

- Must cruise at 35 mph comfortable, with almost 55 mph WOT
- Be a commuter to beat the ferry schedule in all conditions
- Have cuddy that you sleep in if needed with portie potti, accessed from bow
- 2 full suspension seats
- Seating for 4-5 in cabin, additional seating for 4 on exterior benches
- Can fish and crab if necessary

This what we came up with those requirements and design parameters

Of over the 800 boats we built to date this is one of best riding boats under 31'.
Was this the boat that had the seats in front of the console set up like a whale watcher?
Hull looks like a weapon.

Back