Does anyone here have a Malibu 182?

Trouutbeast

Hi all,

I am the relatively new owner of a Malibu 182 hardtop. Looking for some pictures of other boats to see how they are set up.

She is missing a few things and i was hoping to see what other boats have installed. One is the cover ahead of the transom/splashwell.

Also wondering if anyone has installed an anchor windlass. I go to beaches a lot in the gulf islands, would be much quicker at getting on the beach with out crawling through the hatch.

Thanks

Attachments

• 73D92B53-D201-46B0-9023-E555C94DC8D9.jpeg
    73D92B53-D201-46B0-9023-E555C94DC8D9.jpeg
    373.6 KB · Views: 134
  • F55BA03B-DF57-4F61-91F4-F8A106AEBE9D.jpeg
    F55BA03B-DF57-4F61-91F4-F8A106AEBE9D.jpeg
    345.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Hi all,

I am the relatively new owner of a Malibu 182 hardtop. Looking for some pictures of other boats to see how they are set up.

She is missing a few things and i was hoping to see what other boats have installed. One is the cover ahead of the transom/splashwell.

Also wondering if anyone has installed an anchor windlass. I go to beaches a lot in the gulf islands, would be much quicker at getting on the beach with out crawling through the hatch.

Thanks
I have added some pics. I’m loving this boat and want to start making whole again.

I would take a look at some of the other threads around here that talk about setting up smaller boats, I bet most of the additions or mods would apply to your boat as well. The “what did you do to your boat this week” thread has a lot of great ideas. Hope this helps.
Hi Maxpri,

Thanks for the reply. I have been browsing through. I will dig a little harder.
Steve

Instead of a windlass I would use a stern anchoring setup. Easy and cost effective. If your at the beach in calmer weather and just for a day trip a clothesline anchor setup would work as well.

Instead of a windlass I would use a stern anchoring setup. Easy and cost effective. If your at the beach in calmer weather and just for a day trip a clothesline anchor setup would work as well.
Yeah I have been thinking about the clothesline setup. I saw someone at the beach with one of the elastic anchor rode. Seemed to work well. I don’t mind swimming too.

Another option: a blow up boat. i recently acquired a decent one and it works quite well. i have a battery powered pump so i do nothing. gets you to the beach high and dry. when you’re done the pump also works on reverse and removes all the air. chuck it in a duffel bag or hockey bag and your done. cheaper than a windlass and you have a life raft to boot.

Another option: a blow up boat. i recently acquired a decent one and it works quite well. i have a battery powered pump so i do nothing. gets you to the beach high and dry. when you’re done the pump also works on reverse and removes all the air. chuck it in a duffel bag or hockey bag and your done. cheaper than a windlass and you have a life raft to boot.
What did you get? I'm looking for an option to get to shore when on anchor. Small is good as I don't have a lot of space.

What did you get? I'm looking for an option to get to shore when on anchor. Small is good as I don't have a lot of space.
i honestly don’t know; i got it free from my wife’s uncle. but it’s cheap. i have a DE 185 so limited for space as well. it has two goofy butt seats you blow up separate and toss in the boat as well. comes with paddles etc. amazon sells them. there was also a thread on this very subject on this forum a while back. you can spend anywhere from $30 - $3000 on blow up boats. for your ( our ) needs it doesn’t have to be that great. it’s inflated in 2 minutes with the pump

Back