Do You Support Liberals Plan to Close 25% of Marine Areas to Fishing?

Why would you vote cpc when you already stated in a previous post your a green. Your past post history says it all.

If I had to guess I would say sports fishing is not a very big priority of yours and you would’ve t care much if we were
Shut down.

Ah youd be wrong bud.

But I hate that I have to choose. There are no options that support long term sustainability of our fish.

Ah youd be wrong bud.

But I hate that I have to choose. There are no options that support long term sustainability of our fish.
But there is one party that is on record saying they will close much of the prime fishing areas you currently frequent....think about the implications of that.

I'm pretty sure when I looked about the Nanaimo harbour today spotting 3 large spill containment ships and several barges for spill containment (all constructed and crewed under a Liberal government), that there is every expectation by the Liberals they will build the pipeline. So both major parties have the same agenda - build it and move on.

Let's try to influence transformative change for the worst CO2 polluting countries like China. Why not provide incentives for them to change, like linking their ability to import products here to meeting CO2 targets? If they couldn't sell products to Canada until they meet specific targets, their behaviour would shift rapidly. Simple.

Meanwhile and quite frankly, I would rather have China burning Canadian LNG any day than burning Canadian coal. Similarly, I would rather have Canadian oil transported by a pipeline any day, than by rail which is considerably higher risk to the environment. I'm begging to ask any of the green protesters, how they get around....willing to bet they burned carbon to get to their protests.

So does this mean that your on the record in supporting Northern Gateway ver 2 because that is what the CPC are proposing. They said that they would reverse the ban on tankers on the North Coast to facilitate a new pipeline and loading facility to export bitumen. Just want to be clear with what you are saying here so that there is zero mistake.

But there is one party that is on record saying they will close much of the prime fishing areas you currently frequent....think about the implications of that.
Please show us the documentation that proves that "they will close much of the prime fishing areas you currently frequent"

Please show us the documentation that proves that "they will close much of the prime fishing areas you currently frequent"

searun said:
"But there is one party that is on record saying they will close much of the prime fishing areas you currently frequent.."
That's called "Fear Mongering" or "Alternate Facts"
A popular strategy used by Donald Trump.

Last edited:
searun said:
"But there is one party that is on record saying they will close much of the prime fishing areas you currently frequent.."
That's called "Fear Mongering" or "Alternate Facts"
A popular strategy used by Donald Trump.

I’ve seen the MPA documents. And most of the area out of port hardy is under consideration to be completely closed out of port hardy. Even castle pt, so yes it is true.

I’ve seen the MPA documents. And most of the area out of port hardy is under consideration to be completely closed out of port hardy. Even castle pt, so yes it is true.

You seem to have an inside track the areas being CONSIDERED to be added to the MPA.
CONSIDERED does not mean every area on the map will be closed!!
Lets be realistic on the extent of any possible additional closures.
I very much doubt your suggestion that most of the fishing area out of Port Hardy will be closed and would be happy to place a bet on that!!

Back when area G trollers could actually fish on the West coast and there was hardly a sportie to be seen DFO got us to record what we caught and where we caught it. The first areas to experience whole sale closures and restrictions were the areas that had the best fishing. Once temporarily closed we never got back on the water in those locations.
The restrictions and closures just kept coming.
Why would DFO close areas where the fishing is poor and nobody fishes? Of course the areas that are getting the most pressure will be the areas to close. There would be no point in DFO's eyes of closing other areas. Get ready for even more closures and regulations on where you can fish.
There is only one group that won't have to worry and we all know who that is.

ok guys...I surrender...
Will all this happen next year if the Liberals get elected?
And what if the Conservatives get elected?
No new restrictions and pull backs on existing restrictions?
No chance the Greens or NDP will be our next Government.

AODm5sg.jpg

ok guys...I surrender...
Will all this happen next year if the Liberals get elected?
And what if the Conservatives get elected?
No new restrictions and pull backs on existing restrictions?
No chance the Greens or NDP will be our next Government.

Go and read the Liberal platform for yourself. I know that these things take time to implement and the current MPA process aimed at establishing 10 percent stalled because they were not able to rail road it into place prior to this election. But make no mistake they will move forward

About the only promise Trudeau didn’t deliver on was when he asked Canadians to look into his eyes and trust that he would balance the budget by 2019. So I guess you could be correct that the Liberals are yet again lying to us. Especially when they realize this promise to implement a 25 percent MPA will bankrupt the coastal economies of B.C.

Ignorance is bliss.

The greens or NDP could end up in a position in a minority goverment with a lot of power.

Back