Diawa

W

weasone

Has anyone tried out the Diawa m-one plus with the new seven disc drag system? Just wondering if the drag system is better and will last longer than the old system

I have a Daiwa M-One and like it just fine. My buddy has the newer M-One Plus that you're asking about and I can't stand it. The drag is terrible. I wouldn't buy one.

Are these reels also good for cod, halibut or would you suggest a different kind of reel for this, is there a reel out there one could use for all round fishing or buy 2 different reels and rods

Thank-you
Tony

Those are primarily salmon reels, that being said, i have wound up 50 lb
Halibut on them.
If targeting halibut, would go for a shorter,stiffer rod
and i lever drag type reel such as Shimano TDL series.

I've fished the Diawa M-One for years and have never had any trouble with them. The drags could probably use new washers, as they aren't as tight as they used to be, but they're about seven to ten years old. I like them, but that's just me.

I have an m-one plus and it has worked well so far. I just bought the other half one for her birthday next week. They are priced right and serve a purpose. God I hope she's not reading this. Yes it is only part of the gift, there is a new rod as well:D I have reel up several large lings with mine but never used it to taget bottom fish. When I was buying the new reel the other day I saw nikka had some that were m ones but with a bit more of a hot rod drag set up. I think they were in the $90 range.

Back