Dfo getting out there more and handing out tickets

Funny story, buddy was fishing and forgot to pinch his barb, dfo comes up and asks to see his hook,. He puts it into neutral and reels one line up, they say you are fishing for salmon with a barbed hook. he says he is fishing for lings, just then the line that is in the water gets a bite, he reels up the line with a ling on the end :) officers shake their heads tell him to pinch his barbs next time. We still have a chuckle about that one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, interesting.

There is an issue with these "print your license online" bullcrap.

In the years of guiding on this coast and in recent years around Vancouver I hypothesized recently about many people who are regulars on the water taking too many fish. Area 28 and 29 have an annual limit of just a few Chinooks over 62 cm.

Some, ahem, well known Vancouver salmon fishing enthusiasts, take more than that. I observed 10 Chinook kept and retained in April and May by one party alone...and there were 10 months left in the year...and they have months of fishing left...and in August I figure they bagged at least that as well... makes me wonder how they do that....reprinting licenses ????

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Back