DFO Cancels Orphan Fund Herring Sale

eaglemaniac

DFO in there infinite wisdom has cancelled the CKNW Orphans Fund herring Sale. In a year with high returns expected, our uninformed overpaid bureacrats are making landslide decisions like this, while our fisheries go the way of our friends on the east coast. Now of course I realize that the herring fishery is a very valuable and important part of the sustainability puzzle, but CKNW has been doing this for over fifty years and I would be more inclined to support a good cause then see it end up as someones idea of gourmet fare. Besides who doesn't like to grab a bucket of herring if your unable to fish for them yourself. Get your priority's straight DFO. Just my opinion.;) eman

Yeah I don't no what's going on in New Brunswick , but it still sounds like DFO to me. Since when does a court in New Brunwick have a say in our fisheries? eman

It's a real shame that governments don't support worthwhile events like the herring sale to help the Orphans. It's only once a year</u> and I'm sure that people who buy the herring are more than happy to contribute to that cause.

Back