depth sounder not working

F

fishhunter666

Looking for some tips with my new depth sounder
It’s a gamin 292
Lately the depths are way off. Some times deeper and some time way shallower than it reads. I have looked at the manual again to see what or if I have it set wrong but had no luck. Has anyone else has these kind of issues? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks Cody

If I am not mistaken the 292 is a gps/plotter only is it not?

Hey fish , Had the same trouble with my Garmin 298c. Played with the transducers angle. I believe recommended setting is to level the line on the ducer parrael with hull. I found setting the rear of the ducer lower so the front is pointing up a little (into the hull) just abit seemed to help me. ie. don't lose bottom as much. Anyway worth a shot.

redliner

I also had the same problem with my garmin. The transducer angle was also the problem. I was angled to far aft.

Thanks
I will check the angel
I just replaced my down rigger, lost the last one on the bottom; don't want to repeat that mistake.
Cody

Hi guys, just bought and installed a Lowrance 38C HD on the boat. Something has gone side ways on me, maybe because I tried to do some rocket science with it....:) Anyway, it now only shows 60' for dept and the top of the graph is all yellow........... you know I am in trouble, any ideas? How do I tweak it from the driveway and know if it will work in the chuck? Thanks, Striper Sniper

There should be a reset option on your settings that will reset everything back to factory settings. Then you can adjust it while you're on the water.

Have you fiddled with your sonar settings?It sounds like your sensitivity is too high.Unfortunately I dont think you can do much without being in the water.Also check to see if you are on manual depth range.

Thanks guys, I fiddled with the sonar and I believe that I have it back to the factory setting.:) And yup, I did fiddle with it before I went out the last time.:( Striper Sniper

I want to buy a depth sounder GPS combo any recommendations would be appreciated thx.

I'd say Lowrance, tho Striper Sniper might not agree right now :D

Back