Dangerous Development!

We are being bent over the barrel and there is sand in the vaseline!

Go Gordo, ooops, go Christy go! Why are those 99%ers protesting? Sell it off, run of the river it, ISA and sea lice it, maybe throw in a few smart meters to boot, the lost decade continues : (

When as a child my family moved to Quebec in 1960 all the good fishing lakes in the north and some in the south were closed off to the public by big corporations. They considered this their private domains and remained so until Rene Levesque banned this and opened all to the public. What seems to be occurring now in BC, I hope this will not happen.

When as a child my family moved to Quebec in 1960 all the good fishing lakes in the north and some in the south were closed off to the public by big corporations. They considered this their private domains and remained so until Rene Levesque banned this and opened all to the public. What seems to be occurring now in BC, I hope this will not happen.

Exactly whats already happened. I think there one near Nanaimo lakes. A new gate went up last spring I think it was of course Timberwest executives and families have key and can use prime area. This is what happens when 'we' sell off crown land.

Your right IronNoggin about time being of the essence. There is a BC Govt. consultation meeting with "invited stakeholders" taking place in Richmond on Dec. 7-9. Maybe a peaceful protest outside this meeting is in order!​

Im contacting local 4x and atv groups over on the mainland who could attend. I know at least one group that could rally at least a dozen. Any info on the time and building?

IronNoggin do you know of any outdoor groups, associations, etc. that have issued any statements on the proposed Natural Resource Roads Act (NRRA) or have any position papers on it?

I would like to do some more research before I send in my response to this website: http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/mof/nrra/feedback.htm

If you enjoy hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, etc. you need to find out how this proposed new act will negatively impact your access to BC's great outdoors to the benefit of resource extraction corporations! :mad:

We have until Dec. 15, 2011 to provide responses and comments to the website listed above.

Last edited by a moderator:
WITW-- The BCWF has submitted a brief to the govt. I will try to get hold of it and post it here.

I don't say the island is becoming a wasteland for nothing. The devestation due to logging is fukin mind-boggling! I hear ya Holmes ....what's going on up there is just sickening as it has been everywhere else on the island. There are blocks of 2nd growth you can't even walk through, it's unreal. I'm gonna stop there and move on. We won't have to worry about access if there's nothing left. There is a much bigger problem....it's the government selling out to corporations. Fish farms, logging companies, neither provide many jobs especially logging, it's just criminal and I mean criminal. RAW LOGS!!!! NEED I SAY MORE!!

This is how 3rd world countries stay poor....... Large corporations come in backed by government, rape the land, take out the resources, process the raw materials in another country, pollute and destroy what's left then turn around and sell the products back to the poor people of the country the raw materials came from. Can the people afford the products - of coarse not. An endless cycle of poverty. Welcome Canada to the cycle.....I"m struggling how to put this in a better way but I think everyone here gets the picture. FFS I've been saying all along (not on this forum until now) "are we a 3rd world country?" At this rate we're going to be less that a 1st world country, that's for damn sure. How the hell the public land got sold so it could be destroyed still confounds me. Even worse, it still goes on. The way this island has been logged and continues to be logged especially up by Holmes and Clayoquot and in-between is............................only expletives come to mind! Only a real uprising will stop this! Not groups here and there but the masses, the people, from every group, but they need to care. Not only about being second class and having no money but they need to care about the environment as well.....it's coming, but not fast enough.

The Occupy movement is a start. I wish this movement started earlier, with winter setting in, it will die. It needs to be reborn in a more cohesive and organized manner. Big banks run by a few wealthy people and big corporations control everything, everywhere. People think they can make a difference by electing certain politicians or parties, it doesn't matter who gets elected. The system needs to change. We think we're in a democracy where the people can make change happen by exercising their right to vote. I beg to differ.

Our issues really do tie in with so many others. Just like the family farms going down the tubes, it's all connected by big banks, big money and big corporations. We stand to lose everything, that's for real, it's already happening

Edit: I was having a bad day, frustrated, sometimes I have way to much to say, gotta learn to reel myself in,......the personal part of the rant is gone... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
No public access means nobody seeing what they are actually doing in there. Keep the public ignorant and keep complaints to a minumum!

I'd have to agree.

Are users of the road actually supposed to have forest fire insurance as well as the $200,000 liability insurance? I may have this wrong, can't seem to find any good info on this.

This current proposal is a resurrection of the old Bill 30 put forward by the Campbell government in April of 2008. Back then it was met with strong public resistance, and eventually died before passing. This time around, the Provincial government is being awfully quiet about their "new" proposal, I'd guess hoping that it will sneak it's way through before the general public is even aware it exists. NOT at all surprised by their underhanded tactics in this matter - seems if they don't get their way initially, they will quietly ignore the stated concerns of those they supposedly "represent" and do whatever the hell they want anyway.

Here's the background: http://www.resourceroadsbc.com/

The question this time is once again: Are you prepared to stand idly by while YOUR access to YOUR Province is stolen away right under your nose? I hope NOT!

Nog

Done!
Thanks for the link I will pass it along to non forum members

I counted 33 or so response dialogue boxes in that link. WTF!

It doesn't surprise me at all that the Province paid some douche (our tax dollars) a chunk of change to spend countless hours devising a 'user-unfriendly' public-input mechanism that, at a glance, overwhelms you with extraneous bafflegab.

I'm on board with this fight. Should be yet another good topic for our Xmas party.

I could have crafted this feeble feedback-measurement tool with one question to put out to the people.

Question: Regardless that way too many of BC's back country roads are already inaccessible to you - consequent of big corporate lobby money lining policymakers pockets - how would you feel about further increased restrictions on your access to YOUR land, purposefully designed to keep inquiring-minds out of the back-country, so we can continue logging the **** out of the last remaining fish habitat and carry on Gordo's-dream of damming/diverting hundreds more of BC's rivers to make power to sell to Americans?

I wish I could be on board with this fight but alas I am a resident of Alberta. We had a close call on public lands that were going to be sold secretly sold at a steal of a price to Government cronies until the Alberta fish and game butt stomped on it and forced the govt to advertise to the public the sale and let everybody bid on the land . This would have made the price prohibitive for the cronies. You need to get the same momentum going in BC. The BC outdoor publications should be all over this like dried chicken poop on a windy day. They need to step in and back their readers. The government would listen to them more than the voter as the publications could spread negative publicity faster than the plague.

Back