Crabbing

nedarb2

Ay1 know how the crabbing is doing in cow bay or bare point? iwent off bare point last weekend and only got 1 keeper, two traps one 1.5 hour set. And does anybody know how deep the water is about 500' off the big boat/mill in cowichan bay? Thank-you :)

I have found crabbing of of Cow bay good this year. Was out 2 weeks ago and did well. Fair number of traps out including commercial guys. Normal spots and depts. Haven't tried prawning hearing it's OK out front of Mill Bay and towards the ferry.

millbay crabbing isn`t worth it . cowbay is the place . scottyboy

Cow Bay is great. You can go in close near the boat launch, however, when I crabbed there, I found they were bigger over on the other side of the bay from the govt warf. Run over untill you are in 200 ft of water, off of a landslight to the north of the houses. Plunk 'em there. If you have prawn traps, there are prawns in the bay, slightly towards the Genoa bay side, directly across from the govt warf. You will know you are on the prawns when your traps come up covered in kelp leaves, it is a small area (maybe 4 or so acres), but on overnight sets, I did very well there. I used to find it by lining up a building on the log dock with one of the mountains, and the same with the gvt warf and a shack on the hill.

Back