crabbing around winter harbour???

J

jjmoffett

going up in july and have heard from some friends to not even waste my time. is that true or did they just have bad luck. or perhaps a lack of knowledge into where they dropped their pots. don't want to spend all day. just want to drop in the morning and pick up at night.

c.s. what you are telling me is to not waste my time. what about prawns?

LOL Literally 1 minute away from the boat launch. Not sure what the bay is called...just go around the corner and there are several bays in a row where there are nice gravel beaches...

DSC_0319adobe.jpg

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

Nice Pot David!!!!

Just like ours, all most all females, not sure if the males only get eaten by the sea otters and such, but we usually pull pots like those and they are ~8-1 female to males. But you can get lucky and find some good males every once and a while.

There is some great crabbing in some of the bays, but you need to do some research and testing the waters to find the good ones.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Maybe this will help?
There are both Crab & Prawn around, just not that great in the immediate area!

WinterHarbourCrabandPrawn.jpg

nice work boyz! thank you for all the information! now i am really confused! :D

quote:Originally posted by Poppa Swiss

charlie - what software did those screen shots come from?

Here ya go Poppa,
Fairly accurate, isn't it?
When you use this you still need to remember, it needs fine tuned based on any local knowledge! :)

http://www.canbcdw.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/ows/imf.jsp?site=mapster

Oh, once on the site, go to; Marine Resources - Local Knowledge; West Coast Van. Isl. Fisheries Inventory; then select what ever you are interested in! :D

Also, there is going to be a LOT of pinks offshore up there this year!

Back