Cowichan Lake

totally tyee

Thinking about giving it a whirl in a couple weeks with the tomics. Haven't fished it for a few years. Anyone been out? email me.

TT

TT,
I'm heading up this coming weekend for 2 days of "balls to the walls" fishing. Hear it's been really good. Will give you a report next week.

Please report back here as I was gonna head out beginning of March.
Good luck!! The weather's been awesome lately eh?

Well the rumours have been that last week was 'fish on' before you could get another line out. Any truth to this?
I'm heading out on Tuesday.

I went fishing with Juandeone 2 weekends ago around Honeymoon and Gordon Bays and the fishing was sssslllloooowwww! We got 4 small cutties in 3 days and we threw everything at them, at all sorts of depths and trolling speeds.

Does anyone out there know where the fish go this time of year? Is the water too cold and they stop feeding, are they at the other end of the lake, or down super deep???

Well the weather was squall after squall. I hid most of the time, up from Gordon bay. Trolling spoons, no dice.

hey,
anymore reports on fishing cowachin,
im heading up on the 28th for a few days,
were you using, tomics or spoons?
should i also take my fly rod??
cheers
baz[:eek:)]

What are you going to do up there? You don't know how to fish freshwater :D You can't use your hali gear there!

Not exactly a recent report, but was there a couple of weeks ago. Saw some really nice fish at the creek mouthes, was a dead flat calm day. Fish spooky as hell. Was throwing flies at them. They were there but not willing takers.

Didn't drag plugs that day, might have been more productive but a fantastic day out none the less.

There were 5 of us, 2 fish brought to hand all day so it was a tough go.

I was wondering why we don't use planers this time of year at Cowichan lake. Seems to make sense. Trailing a long line in order not to spook the shallow fish as opposed to having the planer go in shallower.
I meant to go last week but never made it.
Thanks for the report!

Back