Cowichan fly and tackle closing down

Gear'n'beer!

Was pretty sorry to see lake cowichans last of 3 outdoor shops closing down. Anyway just to let guys know if your planning on picking up bait on the way to renfrew, he will be open fri, sat and Sunday until the fall at least.

Some pretty killer deals, ammo at cost, $30 dollar prawn traps, tons of rods and some high end reels for a steal. He always had the cheapest bait of anywhere I have seen and still has a great selection of 'chovies and herring.

http://www.cowichanflyandtackle.ca

This is terrible news.Gordy's a great guy and his shop and knowledge were top notch.That town needs some sort of
store that sells tackle and bait.Especially in the summer.I've stopped there for bait on the way to Renfrew and there
always seemed to be at least a couple of customers if not more ahead of me.

I have bought 3 fly rods there and have reffered many to his store from victoria. We always made a trip of it and spent a good amount of $$ We loved the bargain bins of fly tying stuff just hidding under the shelves! Most of the good stuff was in there!

-KK

There was a Cowichan Fly and Tackle in Victoria on Cedar Hill X road years ago. Is this the same store relocated? I thought the guy in Vic store's name was Kelvin or something like that?

It was a great store also and I was sorry to see it close.

There was a Cowichan Fly and Tackle in Victoria on Cedar Hill X road years ago. Is this the same store relocated? I thought the guy in Vic store's name was Kelvin or something like that?

It was a great store also and I was sorry to see it close.
Nope,different business and owner all together.I think I remember the store your talking about.Must have been back in
the 70's if I recall correctly.

Back