Commercial Viewpoint on Halibut

Debate and voicing ones personal opinions no matter how much others think it is off the wall is cool...personal attacks are not.

ya im sure i do that do you even know me?...i would NEVER kill a steelhead intentionally, give yer effing head a shake, the topic is HALIBUT, not killing fish that are rare and in decline, genius, nice try tho trying to take some kind of cheap shot at me, has your new year not started so well?..if ya want to have a freshwater battle about the Gold go to the thread in the freshwater section called gold river,as for bubba,how do know im not bubba?..do you really think that i would be going to any big house?..LMFAO, have you seen what the canadian justice system lets ppl get away with basically with only slaps on the wrist? and you think i will be going to some penetentiary...and i'll be fishing for it from a kayak, how does that grab ya, ya a KAYAK,NO NOT A JOKE... so are you accusing me of poaching on the gold?, cause if you are id REALLY rethink that thought/statement if I were you, the two fisheries are completely unrelated.....so in conclusion springbeaver, u may know who i am but you DO NOT know me, you cant hear my thinking, you are only reading text that ive written,so give your effing head a few shakes b4 your next post accusing me of killing ANYTHING...got it?.....holmes*

springbeaver ,thats a good one...I'll see if I can change my name, I like it..

yes,had a great new years thanks, just got home from a nice chinese dinner with the family and relatives,when I read your post,thanks for asking...

it sounds like if you don't like the rules/laws that we all need to follow, "if dfo has closed it,TO EFFING BAD,im fishing anyways" were your words.... you are the one who,in your post said for all to read that your going to fish for a hali, and "its your rite" to "retain (kill) fish" for food..even if its closed to retention(kill)...yes I know that you were talking about hali, but if your going to break the law and poach a hali,and as you stated "I'll go to jail and be a political prisoner", well.... the steelhead comment does sound crazy doesn't it, I put it in there to try and open your eyes to what your saying/typing.....I dont think breaking the law is the way to go about trying to get the change your asking for,and think IMO that cool calmer heads will prevail...

p.s. Hope you have a great new Year

and NO, commercial fishermen dont necessarily need to get fish to get paid, have you read the various threads?...if a guy puts in some hours out there without catching he can apply for EI and still get paid rite?,

not exactly accurate. Fishing ei is based on income instead of weeks. That means if you make nothing you get nothing.

IHMO I think all lodges and sportsfisherman should have to fill out some forms to give their data to the DFO (or other sources that would be better) for their catches. The more accurate data out there the better the decision making. It is not that much to ask for the great resource we fish. If fishers do not comply and are checked a hefty fine should be applied and sent towards habitat etc. IMHO it is the only way to nip this thing in the butt.

I know about the current license fee's etc going to general revenue and this has to be addressed and stopped right now. Government is the problem. I will be at the Beban Park meeting for sure.

I would like to meet some folks from here finally face to face so to speak and would like to know what else I can do as a sport angler to help fix this thing.

Alot of lodges do..
I remeber one time the lodge where I worked they wanted the data for salmon they trained us in scale,cheek plate vile samples etc etc we did everything..alot of time to do cuts into time you just dont have when you work in a small lodge.
they told us at the time they would give us all the data back for the work (as we were in the upper knight inlet) very remote and the only lodge that fished because DFO wanted to know if it was viable to do a commercial net fishery up there so in trade they wouldnt if we did this for them......fair enough.

After 3 months of doing all this crap for them my boss gave them all this info 6 months later he called "whats going on with all the data"???
OOOHHH sorry we ran out of funds we arent going to process it.... was there response back.

And they want us to trust them I fricke doubt it...

Wolf

Sculpin give me a call anytime ill meet up with you...better yet go to anyone of the meeting coming up it will be an eyeopener im sure..

Wolf

IHMO I think all lodges and sportsfisherman should have to fill out some forms to give their data to the DFO (or other sources that would be better) for their catches. The more accurate data out there the better the decision making. It is not that much to ask for the great resource we fish. If fishers do not comply and are checked a hefty fine should be applied and sent towards habitat etc. IMHO it is the only way to nip this thing in the butt.

I know about the current license fee's etc going to general revenue and this has to be addressed and stopped right now. Government is the problem. I will be at the Beban Park meeting for sure.

I would like to meet some folks from here finally face to face so to speak and would like to know what else I can do as a sport angler to help fix this thing.

You will shortly-the sport fishing industry will be more accountable for the fish numbers and reporting these number- As we say in the works

As for lodges- a large percentage of the lodge already hand over the fish logs to DFO and as of last season started turning all there clipped fish heads in.A few bumps along the way but getting it smoothed out. ;)

Back