Commander 26,30,re-power older boat,newer,diesel....

Great buy! I thought it was a steel w dual engines under warranty and a trailer. What marina are you in?
We are in the comox marina. I was shocked to see the engines just barely outside of their break-in period. Purrs like an angry kitten. With the added kicker console/washdown pump its great. Although I tend to just use the autopilot and troll control on one of mains when fishing as it's way easier if there is any real amount of wind.

It cruises nicely at about 37-3800 RPM and burn rate of both combined is between 68 and 72 LPH, wind and tide depending we cruise about 26 knots
17-18 GPH at 26 knots for a 15000lb boat seems almost unbelievable. That is far from what most people predicted the burn rate would be if I podded mine

17-18 GPH at 26 knots for a 15000lb boat seems almost unbelievable. That is far from what most people predicted the burn rate would be if I podded mine
I didn't believe the number either. But I spent the best part of 3 weeks on it after getting it, and without fail at 3800 rpm she burns average 70. I thought maybe the vesselview was out to lunch so I triple checked the fuel level monitors and filled up in comox, and started a new "trip" and then cross referenced the numbers when I put the same amount of fuel in in Gorge harbour and it is bang on. To say I was pleasantly surprised is the understatement of the century as my first thought when I first looked at the machine was that it would be a never ending visit to the pumps. But it's comparably very good on fuel. Also, that's with not less than 5 adults on board. One trip I had 9 people, still achieved the same burn rate, but our travel speed was down to about 22 knots. So I bumped it up a bit and was cruising around 24-25 and burning about 75 - 78 LPH.
Just an amazing pairing. Gets up on plane in about 3 seconds. I would love to go for a cruise on a conventional Commander to see how it rides in the water.

Where are you located? I'm currently away at work for another week or two, but I'd be super happy to let you check it out if your anywhere near the Comox Valley, I'll be itching to get the props wet by the time I get home. And I'm very eager to get to know more Commander owners, I've never had a boat worthy of joining other owners with haha.

Where are you located? I'm currently away at work for another week or two, but I'd be super happy to let you check it out if your anywhere near the Comox Valley, I'll be itching to get the props wet by the time I get home. And I'm very eager to get to know more Commander owners, I've never had a boat worthy of joining other owners with haha.
There's a Facebook group that @Sir Reel runs. You should definitely get him your contact info. I'm in Vancouver but I'd love to trade rides sometime to compare. Very cool.

We are in the comox marina. I was shocked to see the engines just barely outside of their break-in period. Purrs like an angry kitten. With the added kicker console/washdown pump its great. Although I tend to just use the autopilot and troll control on one of mains when fishing as it's way easier if there is any real amount of wind.
Oh, and I didnt bother with the trailer. I figured for the price I paid without the trailer, plus not having to buy a 450 series truck, I can afford alot of towing services until that cost balances out. I've got a good place to store it out of water should I elect to go that route. But where we are the fishing is decent, and the prawning is excellent through the colder months, and I'm very eager to try out the espar and dickenson heaters haha.

Oh, and I didnt bother with the trailer. I figured for the price I paid without the trailer, plus not having to buy a 450 series truck, I can afford alot of towing services until that cost balances out. I've got a good place to store it out of water should I elect to go that route. But where we are the fishing is decent, and the prawning is excellent through the colder months, and I'm very eager to try out the espar and dickenson heaters haha.
That's where they really shine.

I've requested to join "Commander Boat Owners" group, but the request is still pending after a week.
I haven’t seen your request. It’s the Commander Owners Group. Try again and will approve.
There is another group called Commanders down in the states. Different boat though

I didn't believe the number either. But I spent the best part of 3 weeks on it after getting it, and without fail at 3800 rpm she burns average 70. I thought maybe the vesselview was out to lunch so I triple checked the fuel level monitors and filled up in comox, and started a new "trip" and then cross referenced the numbers when I put the same amount of fuel in in Gorge harbour and it is bang on. To say I was pleasantly surprised is the understatement of the century as my first thought when I first looked at the machine was that it would be a never ending visit to the pumps. But it's comparably very good on fuel. Also, that's with not less than 5 adults on board. One trip I had 9 people, still achieved the same burn rate, but our travel speed was down to about 22 knots. So I bumped it up a bit and was cruising around 24-25 and burning about 75 - 78 LPH.
Just an amazing pairing. Gets up on plane in about 3 seconds. I would love to go for a cruise on a conventional Commander to see how it rides in the water.
Those fuel values are almost spot on with mine on a 305 Conquest BW with Verado 300's propped w/ 17p by 16 dia ECO Enertias.

Back