Coming up next week

herronjoe

The wife and I will be in Ucluelet later next week. Can anyone tell me how the fishing has been this past week. Last I heard it looked like more and more fish were starting to show up. I was hoping that South Bank would be good. I like the rats nose but not the ride out. Any advise would be appriciated. Thanks JSH

[:I]

Quote from today on Fishtactics website report. Sometimes this guy's reports don't match what others are saying but I hope it's true as I'll be out there soon as well.

"The halibut and salmon fishing out on the big bank for guide Mike today was unbelievable. Four Guests from Nanaimo B.C. were treated with limits of halibut and Chinook. What was a rather slow early morning turned fast and furious and by 11:30am the guests had landed their limit in both species of fish. The halibut were all picked up in 220 to 235 feet of water using a spreader bar with herring or salmon parts. Most of the halibut were 18 to 20 pounds. The Chinook were all on the troll and really seemed to like green. Mike used plastic most of the time while trolling for Chinook and found that the T-Rex and the green spatterback hootchies with 42 to 48 inches of leader behind a green hotspot flasher were working very well. The Chinook were found between 80 to 100 feet. The fishing in the Ucluelet area has been very good. The past few days has had strong outflow winds on the open ocean making it impossible for charter boats to get out offshore. Today was an exceptional day and it looks like there will be several more over the next days. Those that do not wish to go 26 miles offshore should fish Beg Island, the lighthose bank and the inner south bank areas. There seems to be plenty of fish in these areas also. Look for some great fishing through September."

Go get 'em.

Back