Columbia River Springer Numbers

Last week they had the first Chinook at the Bonneville Dam one Mature and one Jack, if you want some great reading check out http://www.cbbulletin.com/415842.aspx

you will also find how much money the US puts into fish and how they care not like our Gov't which really when you look at would prefer to get rid of our fishery. We need some one on this site to run for Gov't

All I can say is thank god we have the US hatcheries because without them our chinook fishing (both commie and sport) would be a sad joke!

The way that Harper is pushing the cuts in DFO I think we will be looking at less and less support for wild salmon from DFO. Overtime I think that it will be volunteer groups that will be doing 100% of the hatchery and streak restoration/keeping work (just about that already.) Maybe this is best way? To have passionate, common sense, people looking at what they truly care about instead of spineless bureaucrats and corrupt politicians. My 2 bits.

All I can say is thank god we have the US hatcheries because without them our chinook fishing (both commie and sport) would be a sad joke!

The way that Harper is pushing the cuts in DFO I think we will be looking at less and less support for wild salmon from DFO. Overtime I think that it will be volunteer groups that will be doing 100% of the hatchery and streak restoration/keeping work (just about that already.) Maybe this is best way? To have passionate, common sense, people looking at what they truly care about instead of spineless bureaucrats and corrupt politicians. My 2 bits.
If they would hand it over to volunteer groups 100%, I WOULD get involved again. What I won't do is get involved only to have these Ottawa morons delete the projects out from under people like they have in the past. DFO is a shameful organization (if you can call it that).

Back