Coho anyone?

Dennis.t

Fall Coho 2014 022.jpg My first hoe of the season on the Chilliwack River. Pretty stoked about it! Hooked 4 fish today. Also landed a nice Chum, which was released.

Awsome. Looks like a good start for the Vedder after it blew out after the heavy rains. Hopefully its good for Saturday. Where were you Dennis? Lower river or canal?

It appears he was on the rocks using a rod! Nice catch! Starting to see a few nice ones here on the island and some of the fish are HUGE!

-KK

Thanks guys! I was fishing mid river, a spot that produced for me today after a couple of non productive days previous despite fish rolling in the run. We had a shot of rain overnight here, and the river had a bit of color to it this morning, leading me to believe the fishies were in a biting mood because of that. I saw three other hatchery cohos bonked across from where I was. I have been using roe with no success, and switched it up to a yarn tie, which really turned the odds into my favor today.

Blind flossing with wool....classic vedder angler....what colour wool were they TAKING?
Are you serious dude? Have you ever fished the Chilliwack River? The runs I fish are generally slower moving,deeper water. I short float roe/wool or spinner using a 18 leader. Give your head a shake. What a facking retard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coho yarn flies the size of a finger nail are deadly short floated. I think you are getting your rivers mixed up pal.
Thanx for this BGM. Exactly. The size of the yarn tie has to be sparse. You hit the nail on the head. This troll is probally sitting back behind his computer having a good laugh over the shyte storm he has kicked up.

Great Report! Keep them coming! Every winter the Freshwater section especially hot with few guys who get a little hot-headed and launch personal attacks. Those who attach other users are punted..

Let's keep some good reports, pictures and quality chat coming...
Thanx Last chance. And to whomever is complaining to my brother that im "beaking off" on the internet, you can FACK right off. Its funny how jelousy rears its ugly head in the fishing game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back