Cloverleaf Sockeye $1.77

And it is the same Sockeye that St.Jeans in selling for $3.99 a can. At one time St.Jeans was selling it on sale for $3 a can. It is packaged for St.Jeans. It is Alaskian Sockeye/Red Salmon. I have bought both and opened both.

So if you are a fan or the 213g can of St.Jeans canned sockeye salmon, go to Zellers and buy it for $1.77.

I think I might go to Zellers and buy a case.

I don't eat canned commercially caught salmon. It is the hot dogs of salmon. All the crap they can't market because the quality is poor ends up in a can.

Once it's pressure cooked and put in a can, does it really matter ?
It's not like you're presenting it to guests at a BBQ....

Seems so as customers always comment how much better their own canned salmon is compared to what they have bought before. Start with a good product, finish with a better product. Start with crap, still crap.

It does make a difference if it sits on ice for a week plus before getting processed. Good thing I was able to do a bunch this year[8D]

quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

It's not like you're presenting it to guests at a BBQ....

It depends who is coming for dinner. ;)

Have you hugged a Gorby today??? ;P

I've caught salmon before that had huge tumours in the flesh and discarded them. Commercial fish plant workers that I've known see that quite often, they don't get thrown out....yummm into the can. LOL No thanks.

Wow, that could almost take the place of a good can of Carlyle as the cheapest cat food and prawn bait out there.

cwf

Mmmmm! Yumm canned tumor! Damn or is it tuna,,, Forgot already.:(:(

IMG_1445.jpg

It is just as good as St. Jeans Alaskian Sockeye Salmon. As it is the same as that St.Jeans canned sockeye in the 213g can that they sell. It is good. I am picky. You all knoow it..

I did a 8 year stint processing fish..... Do you really want to know what the commercial tinned sockeye is?

Jus like tin o' tuna if it aint white it aint right ;)

Back