Chums Off Nanaimo

1stLite

Has anybody ever targeted chums off nanaimo in previos years.If so how did you do.Thinking of giving it a try maybe this weekend.

I was wondering that too. You should be able to get into some. There is always a good return, and we have seen them start trickling in on our swim counts. It would be nice to save the trip up to Campbell River.

Heard a few guys get them as bycatch on hootchies off french creek. Anyone read that article on brownsbay chums. Says they get lockjaw after going through the narrows? maybe just nobody fishes them?

I fished chums years ago east side of Newcasltle and Protection was where they schooled up some days would be good others you could not get them to bite

they are lockjawed by the time they get to qualicum beach. i have tried every which way to get them to bite but i haven't found anything that will get them to. anybody? help?

I have tried every concievable combination of gear to try to get them to bite with no luck. At times they practically jump into the boat but
sure havent been interested in anyting I have to offer.

Back