Christmas Dinner

IronNoggin

One of my Buddies raises Free Range Chickens for me and a few of the other Ladz, and this year I latched onto 20 of them. Marvelous Eating, but as a consequence, when it came to planning Christmas Dinner, The Missuz noted that she was now Birded Out and so wanted something a tad different.

A brief discussion, and we settled on a non-traditional Seafood Fondue.
Bit of a last minute Scramble putting it all together, but Man-O-Man was it Ever YUMMY! ;)

Fondue.jpg

Tuna, Halibut, Scallops & Prawns with a host of various Veggies & Dips!

Simply AWESOME!! :cool:

Cheers,
Nog

I smoked the breast of the bird, roasted the rest to get gravy and dark meat. Turning all the left overs into pizza tonight.

Now you know me Matt-- never does a critical word pass my lips........ LOL ....... BUT TIGER PRAWNS!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my!!!

Now you know me Matt-- never does a critical word pass my lips........ LOL ....... BUT TIGER PRAWNS!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my!!!

LOL! Well, they shut down our prawning here (Merry Effing Christmas eh?!) at the request of the commercial fleet.
Did not have any on hand (and couldn't simply go catch a few).
So, part of the Mad Scramble I referred to above was to bribe a local fishmonger into selling me the Tigers he had just received for Christmas. I know... Not the same... But When In Rome... ;)

Cheers,
Nog

I be a little late to the party but the kids where busy with the others on Christmas day so we celebrated Christmas on Saturday

My wife scored on a 18.5 lb bone in rib eye roast on Christmas eve afternoon.

Threw it in the smoker for the first hour at 350
Lowered the temp to 300 for the next 2 1/2 hours. Pulled it at a internal temp of 130, wrapped it and let it rest for a hour in a cooler

Had just enough end cuts for the over done crowd, and plenty of medium rare for the rest of us.

Bill