Catch Magazine

Cuba Libre

Just got this in my email-- Free emagazine <www.catchmagazine.net)

Incredible photography ,and GREAT vids especially the Bolivian Dorado fishing ones.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Ya Totally-- looked that way to me too, so I did a bit of research.

They are NOT</u> a salmonid. Rather, they are a member of the Family Characidae which includes, among other fish, the piranahas. There are several species of Salminus within the genus. The big guy there were fishing for was Salminus brasilensis</u> which has a recorded record weight of 68 lbs. The fish has been characterized as a prehistoric golden trout crossed with a pit bull !!! Wire leaders are a must as they have a mouth full of sharp teeth!!

Now-- If I can just convince the Warden that we need to head south!!:D

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Amazing....i was as much in awe of the video and photos as teh fish themselves. Those devils gold fish are unreal. Jump like a coho on roids and i was amazed at them holding in the rapids. The landscape and forests in tasmania were also great. Thanks alot for the link CL!

Damn, makes me want to travel the earth. What a crazy life that would be. Imagine the stories for the grandchildren. Unless my wife was travelling with me though I am not sure how I would explain the grandchildren in the first place. A great gig for the single guy.

Can you imagine the $$$$$$$$$$$ to boot.

Back