Campbell River Shore Fishing

Steelhead S2

My grandpa is looking for some decent places to fish from shore around CR. He goes down to the pier frequently, but it can be a little busy for casting. He tells me guys do well from the stone breakwater by the pier, but he's a little to rickety to scramble down the boulders. Any other spots he should try?

Well if he does not mind burning some gas there is the Pier in Sayward, you can drive right out on it. When the Pinks are running they school right by it. Everything else around Campbell River involves boulder jumping.

Well if he does not mind burning some gas there is the Pier in Sayward, you can drive right out on it. When the Pinks are running they school right by it. Everything else around Campbell River involves boulder jumping.

I assume you can still fish off argonaut wharf at the spit - prime spot later in august and september when the tyee pool gets active and I never found it that congested....someone still local though could verify if they shut that down to public or not.

I assume you can still fish off argonaut wharf at the spit - prime spot later in august and september when the tyee pool gets active and I never found it that congested....someone still local though could verify if they shut that down to public or not.

quote:Originally posted by Deewar25

Last time I was in CR, at Tyee Marine, someone mentioned that the Argonaut wharf was closed to fishing.

Only the public fishing pier is open now.

I do not know this info to be true - it is only what I was told a few weeks ago.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

quote:Originally posted by Deewar25

Last time I was in CR, at Tyee Marine, someone mentioned that the Argonaut wharf was closed to fishing.

Only the public fishing pier is open now.

I do not know this info to be true - it is only what I was told a few weeks ago.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Jim, Gettin any size large dirty butts?

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

The spots I've been hitting that have produced some nice Hali's in the past have been somewhat vacant this year :( Picked up a 31 pounder a while back but that's all.

Westview Marina's latest newsletter (out today), showed one party with a 150, 120 and couple more at 50 & 25 pounds!

Don't know where they are fishing but not bad for a days fishing!

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

nootkalasttrip015.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

The spots I've been hitting that have produced some nice Hali's in the past have been somewhat vacant this year :( Picked up a 31 pounder a while back but that's all.

Westview Marina's latest newsletter (out today), showed one party with a 150, 120 and couple more at 50 & 25 pounds!

Don't know where they are fishing but not bad for a days fishing!

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com

Argo has been closed to sportfishing for 2 yrs now. The rowers wanted them gone so they're gone. Rowers also stole one of the chinook pens from the Fishing pier and moved it closer to the tyee pool so more slobs for the blue bloods of the CR area. They moved it into the Native owned Discovery marina....the same place DFO said was a huge mistake of theirs 10 yrs ago when they put the pink pens in there...hmmmmmm. Funny thing is the local band has been threatening to net the tyee pool for yrs now because they wanted the rowers to get out of the pool, so instead, the local big wigs steal a pier pen and move it in to the marina. Some back scratchin' going on here for sure. I think the real answer would be to sut down the tyee pool althogether. No fishing at all and let those trophy fish spawn. Wonder if dfo has the guts...lmao...not!

Yup-- shut her down!! And while we are at it, lets ban sport fishing too. FREE THE SALMON!!! [:eek:)]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Back