Butter and dips with a twist

Sculpin

Well, we probably all have had prawns and crab in the traditional garlic butter. Still a great staple but gets boring after a while right?

I started adding lemon juice to it etc. a while ago, but then on new years eve last year, I didn't have any garlic :eek:. I added some Old Bay seasoning to the butter and lemon juice and it was really good. Not fantastic, but good.

I was just wondering what other folks have used or added to the butter or other "dips" for prawns and crab? Even if it was by accident or by convenience please post em up.

Cheers,
John

Felix!! Frog doctor!! Post up that mix we had up indian arm!!

Melt your butter then add honey and lemon.
Dave

Here is a recipe for a crab sauce we always make. Is even better if it sits a day or two.

1/2 cup catsup
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. paprika
3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbls. grated onion
1 clove grated
mix well and let set.

Melt your butter then add honey and lemon.
Dave

I'll try that for sure. Thanks.

Here is a recipe for a crab sauce we always make. Is even better if it sits a day or two.

1/2 cup catsup
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. paprika
3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tbls. grated onion
1 clove grated
mix well and let set.

Thanks for this one as well.

Cheers,
John

Great Crab Dip

JOE’S TANGY MUSTARD SAUCE

from Joe’s Crab Shack Miami

1 TBSP + 1/tsp Coleman’s dry hot mustard (YELLOW DRY MUSTARD IN THE SPICE AISLE)

1 Cup Mayonnaise

2 tsp Worchester Sauce

1 tsp A-1 sauce

4 TBSP milk OR cream

Place the Mustard in a mixing bowl and add the Mayo and wisk together for a full minute

Add the remaining ingredients and mix until well blended and creamy. Cover and chill. Makes 1 cup. We use just use milk and it keeps in the refrigerator for a week.

Thanks Don. I will try that. It would probably work good for brushing prawn skewers on the barbeque as well :).

Have you tried roasting your lemons first? Cut them in half and bake in the oven till hot or place in the BBQ. Turns them into a tasty treat. Squeeze the juices from a roast lemon on your seafood. YUM

Brig some Crab Sculpin when you come down again need about 4 or 6 crab ill show you how to cook it a way you will never go back to boiling it contains wine!!!!! very good Ive made it for everyone even seen LC devour many a crab with this recipe he LOVES IT!!!!

Back