browsn bay derby

nedarb2

i might be able to come up for the weekend, but i have never fished chums. i knwo its alomost sold out so ill be booking tomorrow or monday if i get the go ahead.
Questions:
where and how do you fish chum :Di understand they are much like sockeye,
what depths do you fish (downriggger and water depth)
Kelly, are you going? i might just trail behind you to find the grounds ;)

Im going i got gear for you if you want. Im new to chums but just troll greensea, plumper sounds like theres lotsa boats.40-70ft slow in tide rips ect and 26-36inch leaders with pink,blue,black combo hootchies. Think thats about it

nedarb2:

Thought I would help out!!!!

Just a couple of pointers although many other methods work this seems to rock!!!! NO BS

As for gear we run squirts "Micheal Bait" MB181 pink and black / pink and blue and pink with either light and dark blue also pink with white glow dot squirts prerigged with a swivel and put on a single BLACK hook and all @ 27" to 36" 40lbs leaders. As for flashers just about anything works. I use mainly purple haze, plaid or coho specials. I run a dummy flasher right off the cannonball and two rods stacked 12' apart per side. If you run only two rods very important to run those two dummy flashers as the chum are like sockeye and run in schools that are very attracted to flash.

Remember troll slooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.

As for depth depends on the fish but usaully from 30' to 70'

Areas to fish are easy: Straight across from Browns Bay Marina is Plumper Bay this will be where many people fish just follow the pack. Deepwater bay which is just north of Plumper Bay but rember the bay it self is closed so you fish just out side it. Greensea which is about a 20 minute ride @ 30mph north right across from Chattam Point

Cheers ME

ps keep the gear close 7 to 8 pulls of the wire.

thanks guys, im in a 14' lund with a 25 and kiker
kelly, im also sporting the electrics which double my boats value ;)
i hope ican make it :)

Kev

Sorry I missed you yesterday. You're up awful early today, no BIG head?

The Marina called Rick on Friday, thanks for that.

mark

Back