Browns Bay Chum Derby Announcement Monday!!!!!

CA had a chat with the owners yesterday and we chatted about quite a few things the ramp was one of them. They have stated although many have asked to widen the ramp this would cost to much at this time but are looking into the idea of a buffer (Rub Rail) on the wall and some anchored eyes to tie a bow line to. They are planning on making it more of an event final details are being worked out today.

Cheers ME

Right on!!!!!!Looking forward to attendin again this year.:D:D,Count me and serena in.:D

Had the pleasure of using the facilities for an extended weekend in the early spring. The managers (names elude me right now) were extremely both helpful AND sincere. It was obvious that they were doing more</u> than just their jobs.

To top it off, they're fishin fools as well. :D

Ok so whens this announcement?????Hey kev give me a call buddy,250 664 6647,I am off to ucluelet in the morning but will be back on friday.
Brad

Kevin - will the restaurant put on a special that night, like they did last year? All I heard last year from attendees were complaints of the instant potatoes and mystery meat for a jacked up price. :(

FISH ON!!!! OCT 20 - 21 see you there later than normal but fish don't know[:I] [:p]

Brent stopped in today (Manager/Owner) and let me know they decided on the Saturday Oct 20th and Sunday the Oct 21 due to many concerns about having it on the thanksgiving weekend and the fish mabye not even being ther yet like they were planning. The weekend of the 20th also has great tides. They have planned a Pay BBQ for all chum derby crew on the Sat Nite at the Octagon Clubhouse in the camp ground minutes from the dock. (We will not be having powdered potatoes or poorly cooked roast beef trust me) Cut off for the derby on the Saturday is 3pm and Sunday @ 1pm. Same price as last year $20.00 per person to be in the derby which half goes to the prize pot and the other half goes to salmon enhancement.

This year they want to do more those who participate.

Cheers ME

p.s. Updates as soon as they are released! :D

p.p.s They can only address the ramp as best as they can for this year but some changes are coming soon. May be only a little but they are willing to make change. :D

Hey kev,We are trying to get on a boat again this year for this event,This will be our third year.Anybody headin up that needs a couple of people that know how to fish?We fished with nog last year and i fished with reach(jon)the year before,serena fished with dennis(steelheader).Will split all costs,,,,,Do we reserve our own campsites this year kev,or are you organizing this again???
Thanks
Brad and Serena

I will have all the details and will post all the info very soon! I am not organizing NOTHING this year just going to FISH and have FUN! :D

Everyone will have the info I am far to busy so it's everyones own responsability to book camp sites, moorage and tickets. They plan on having more things planned for this years derby as for me I'm just going to relax and enjoy. [:p]

Cheers ME

Is the Browns Bay Derby going to be an organized event or just and bunch of guys/gals getting together to fish??? I attended last year with a couple of friends and enjoyed it very much - banquet questionable!! BADDOGG, LOWE TIDE is planning on comming out from Manitoba and I would like to think Gary and I can show him as good a time as he showed us - JU2 (Doug)

Hey Doug

Welcome to the site. I'm glad you guys are going to make it again. I haven't talked to Bob since he hit the Island to sell his boat and left in a flash.

Look forward to seeing you guys again.

Back