Boat trailer

Hello, I recently broke my boat trailer and bought a new one. Just wondering what people’s thoughts are on replacing the leaf springs and u bolts to make this one run again before selling or just sell it as is? Any info appreciated or even better if someone is interested. It’s a 5000 lb galvanized axle with bunks. I had a 18.5 ft trophy on it before. Thanks,

jesse

Attachments

• C0221186-B0BE-4869-880F-5939F0C4D60F.jpeg
    C0221186-B0BE-4869-880F-5939F0C4D60F.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 82
I just had the same problem with a new 800-1000 pound trailer for a 14 foot aluminum. Leaf springs were rotten when I bought it. I put $800 into this small trailer to get it right. If the leaf springs are rotting away there is more to fix than just them. I replaced every U bolt and completely re did the single axle with speedi sleeves and new bearings etc. That’s not including the wiring and lights which were toast. All this on an light aluminum trailer. The only reason I did the work was the trailer was aluminum. All is good now, however I put in enough to buy a new trailer.

Oly

I am done with working on trailers for the most part.
Right now I am finishing working on a 26 foot boat trailer for my customer.

Hello, I recently broke my boat trailer and bought a new one. Just wondering what people’s thoughts are on replacing the leaf springs and u bolts to make this one run again before selling or just sell it as is? Any info appreciated or even better if someone is interested. It’s a 5000 lb galvanized axle with bunks. I had a 18.5 ft trophy on it before. Thanks,

jesse
Sell it cheap as is. You’re not going to get out of it what you put into it. Let the new buyer do all that. Spend the time enjoying your new trailer!

Back