Boat Paradise prices for real ? no way!

The site, probably is legit. There are some good deals to be had for sure. I know a couple guys at work who have brought up boats and made good money. You just gotta be careful, that's all. Any deal that they try to get the cash off you first, is what you gotta watch for. In my case, that's what the guy tried to do, and that's how the scam works. There are those types of scams on usedvic too. You just gotta be aware..

A guy would have to be a fool to send the cash up front although there are those who get sucked in all the time. I'd just take a trip down to Florida and do some shopping, find a boat and either tow it home or get it shipped. I understand though that you can run into some complications towing from one state to another. It's tempting to look though. You can't buy an outboard up here for the price of some of those boats.
Dave

Cash up front IS a Scam

Heard back from the broker who wants me to make payment ASAP so he can ship me the boat from Florida - I live in Miami and offered to pick it up but was refused as it's from an undisclosed location! No phone numbers, no chance to view the boat, no address, and Money upfront = SCAM

Any reputable dealer or honest private seller would allow a marine survey of a boat for an interested party. With care and attention to detail, I'd say you could make a decent deal without going in person. That site is a classified ad centre, just like Craigslist. Some scams in there too, just as there were in newspaper classifieds of old.

Here's one that looks too good as well, Craigslist Kelowna, no doubt posted elsewhere as well.
http://kelowna.en.craigslist.ca/boa/2514944711.html

Boston Conquest 235 w/ 250 Verado for $13K sounds good to me, but the guy doesn't even reply to a simple "where is the boat located?" email. Pics appear to be in dealer yard. Or repo maybe?

Scams are everywhere, always have been. Methods of delivery have changed, that's all.

When in doubt, search "Jaxed Mash" which consolidates, Ebay, Kijiji, Craigs list and many other classified sites that advertise boats. You will often see the same boat from various cities in North America (Kelowna, Victoria, Boston, Miami etc etc). You know its a scam when you see that.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they say anything about having the boat shipped to you and doing the deal through ebay sales it is a for sure scam....Ebay will never ever be a mediator in a sale that is not an auction on their website.

In the past year when I was looking at the too good to be true prices that was the most common reply I received. I just can't believe people would lose money intentionally, when they have significantly undervalued their boat, even in these rough economic times.

Got a reply back re the Conquest 235 today. Long story short, seller has moved to Spain and will only do a sale through eBay motors "because they will handle the payment in a way in which both of us are secure." Opportunity for a little fun, methinks.

Oooh, that's a good one. Will work that in about email #3.

Hey Sly...there is a very industrius scammer on most of the Craiglist sites advertising high end boats and cars for 13k. I contacted this guy about a car and got a similar story but he had moved to Britain. The usual scam. Car was in Whitehorse with a shipping company ready to be delivered to the buyer. I asked him to set up an ebay auction and he did....but it was a fake auction. The address was not a legit ebay page. Total scammer. And he's everywhere on Craiglist.

Hey Sly...there is a very industrius scammer on most of the Craiglist sites advertising high end boats and cars for 13k. I contacted this guy about a car and got a similar story but he had moved to Britain. The usual scam. Car was in Whitehorse with a shipping company ready to be delivered to the buyer. I asked him to set up an ebay auction and he did....but it was a fake auction. The address was not a legit ebay page. Total scammer. And he's everywhere on Craiglist.

Report him to the cops. Fraud is fraud and they are always looking for new people to bust.

Boat Paradise is a Scam!!!! !!!BEWARE!!!

Hello Everyone,
I work and a large boat place in Perris, CA and A customer brought to our attention that one of our boats is on that web site. http://www.boatparadise.com/boats/ad-150415/
We still have this boat in stock and it is still also on our web site. You can even see my shadow in the picture since I took those pictures. BEWARE THE INFO ON boatparadise website is miss leading and not accurate. Times are tough but there's no way all these people are selling there boats this cheap. If you want proof that the site is a scam go to the bottom of the page and click on the contact link or there privacy policy link. It comes up as NOT_FOUND page error.

Thanks
JP

Bought my last boat at Inland Boat Center. Good operation with fair pricing and service if anyone is looking for a boat. They've got a very nice 23 ft Robalo right now that I thought about seriously. If you looking, check it out. (I'm not on commission). Where do I send my cheque for that Wellcraft!!!

Speaking of scams: not sure if you guys have heard of Green Dot MoneyPak but that payment option seems to be the new scammer's currency.

I recently followed up on a couple of CL listings for high-end Furuno electronics (FCV 295's and FCV 285's color fish finders) Both were listed at 50% of retail---"new in box", "over-stock clearance items".

Seller politely instructed me to pay with MoneyPak coupons...

Hello,

MoneyPak codes are available throughout the country at major retailers including Walmart. Each MoneyPak can be loaded to a maximum value of 1100$. If your order totals for example 2300$ you would have to buy two 1100$ MoneyPak codes and one of 100$ or you can split the amount however you want depending on the location you purchase MoneyPak from. You can add any amount from $20 to $500 onto a MoneyPak at most retailers. You can add up to $1,100 at Walmart.

UNQUOTE

The invitation sounded so sweet (Elizabeth was her name)

All I had to do was submit the coupon codes and she'd ship the items the next day

So I had a chat with a MoneyPak representative (in the Phillipines, where else?) She explained the whole MoneyPak drill, but cautioned that there had recently been a "huge" amount of scam activity reported via payments with their "coupons" It's a monetary instrument that people buy--people who don't have access to plastic buy the coupons and use them to pay off cell and cable bills etc. It's "convenient"

Unfortunately, as soon as you give someone the coupon code number (which is what Elizabeth was asking for in her sweet seductive way) your coupon is instantly turned into cash in Seller's account and they march off into the sunset. If you call MoneyPak and say WTF, they politely clear their throat and tell you that you must be confusing them with someone who gives a shiat...

This is from their "warehouse clearance" Website (proof that they also have a sense of humor about ripping people off)

...."At Warehouse-Clearance, we take fraud very seriously. If you're a first time customer and want to pay by credit card please send us the following: Proof of address for the delivery address you registered ( Acceptable forms of proof of address include the following: driver's license with matching address, bank statement, credit card bill, water, phone or other utility bill, business license) along with your order request....."

What a world

Back