Boat and trailer theft protection

Spot trace. It was less about the theft retrieval and more about not having to decide where I am going while standing in the kitchen writing a note. How many of us have told our wives we are going to fish Trap Shack for a few hours and ended up fishing Sheringham for whatever reason?

Hi guys,

Finally went ahead and purchased a boat. With all the hard work that we put into our boat the last thing I want is to make it easy for someone to steal. I understand if given enough time and effort anything can be done and stolen. I just want to make it as hard to do as possible. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury to store my boat in a garage and will be driveway stored.

I was wondering what you guys use in regards to trailer apparatuses and motor and kicker motor theft devices. All my electronics will be taken off and stored inside.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
I,m most worried about kicker loss. I have 3 deterrents in place to make it not worth the hassle.
A custom plate that covers the mounting screw handles, a bicycle lock through the upper leg and screws through the mount plate. Gets better when all the screws are rusted tight.
Years ago thiefs went down the line in Kye Bay stealing kickers but left mine alone.

Bolt cutters, cordless angle grinders, masks and hoodies make any locking devices and video cameras for protecting kickers pretty much useless. All you can do is try to slow down a determined thief and make it not worth their time.

Anyone else pick up the solar powered Motion detector LED light from Costco? $40 It might make it easier for thieves to check out what I leave in my boat but it will also be easier on those mornings when we head out for Nautical Twilight.

Got one last year, lasted about 5 months. Ended up getting a proper one wired into the house. Much brighter and less ******.

Back